Wyoming mule deer hunts

Conrad8899

Oct 15, 2011
Casper Wy
My opinion is 34 isnt worth nonresidents 10 points but thats jmo.. They where ready to add 50 deer tags in 34 last year but they chose to leave the number of tags alone wouldnt be surprised if they dont cut the tags this year only time will tell.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
My opinion is 34 isnt worth nonresidents 10 points but thats jmo.. They where ready to add 50 deer tags in 34 last year but they chose to leave the number of tags alone wouldnt be surprised if they dont cut the tags this year only time will tell.
No, it isn't. For that point level you are looking at about 3, maybe 4 hunts that you can draw and have solid potential.

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
Since we are talking about upcoming mule deer draws coming up. What is the opinion on Region G for NR w/7 points? Thx
I saw a post on another forum where some dude goes and sees orange hats and few deer, think he said he saw 1 buck at about 170-inches and wasn't gonna shoot a "little one". He seemed kinda disappointed. To me it sounded like a fun hunt if he didn't have expectations of a 180-200-inch buck. Some folks set unrealistic expectations.

If you are okay without B&C bucks being behind every tree, seems like it would be a fun hunt, back off the road for sure.

Check how many resident tags they are handing out to go with the NR and make the call from there...

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
Since we are talking about upcoming mule deer draws coming up. What is the opinion on Region G for NR w/7 points? Thx
It isn't what it once was but it can still be a fun hunt where a guy has a chance at a nice buck. Is it worth 7 points? Not to me but I'm not sure there are many mule deer hunts worth the number of points required these days.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Region is a challenging hunt, even for those of us who have hunted it for years. The country is big, unforgiving and many years getting socked in is pretty normal for a day or two.

With work, scouting and just plain dumb luck you can find plenty of good bucks. But if you set your expectations on a 200 below every rock slide you will be disappointed.

We are so jaded on expectations, especially with the requirements for non resident points has gotten so high. A 170 buck is a stud!!!

Reactions: AKaviator

Turbodude

Oct 17, 2017
Red side of Ca
Now correct me if I am wrong but it looks like the proposed change for mule deer in Region G might change it from 3 pt to 4 pt. Could make it more challenging if it is approved. Might have to rethink this one.

wy-tex

Veteran member
May 2, 2016
SE Wyoming
What changes do you see ?
G is a general tag for residents, you'll see about the same numbers of residents almost every year.

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
What to do with max points is my dilemma....
hold wait....which sounds like that isn't gonna help shoot a 200" in the future....
burn em on a good hunt and have at it.... sounds like the only option....

of course I'm in no rush to mule deer hunt WY.... so perhaps when the time and moisture are right I'll burn em but I dunno??
or burn em sooner than later and start rebuilding points?