2021 new gear dreams and must haves.

Mr Drysdale

Mar 24, 2013
Not very exciting but I need to update my base layers and buy a new pair of Muck Woody Max boots before next season. I’m at the age that if I wanted it, I most likely have it. I have been blessed.

Reactions: mcseal2
Not very exciting but I need to update my base layers and buy a new pair of Muck Woody Max boots before next season. I’m at the age that if I wanted it, I most likely have it. I have been blessed.
One of the best systems i have found for the price is the cabelas brand ECWCS light to heavy weight layering systems. Bought them two years ago and wouldnt use anything else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Drysdale

DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
i would like to get a new suspension to try on my Kifaru pack, not needed but want to try something possibly better. looking to upgrade my laser also. will definitely be watching for some reloading products as they surface. looking for a better solar panel and battery setup? goal zero and poseidon is what i have currently.

i would like to get a new suspension to try on my Kifaru pack, not needed but want to try something possibly better. looking to upgrade my laser also. will definitely be watching for some reloading products as they surface. looking for a better solar panel and battery setup? goal zero and poseidon is what i have currently.
What are you looking for in a laser and solar panels

DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
looking at a new leica and not sure about solar panel yet. something for backpacking to assist in charging batteries.

280ackimp

Jul 4, 2017
New Hampshire
Where to begin prepping for a late Oct elk hunt at 9K feet +

Merino long johns - med weight and heavy weight - zip necks
800 gram insulated leather hunting boots - Crispi?
down zip off pants - Kuiu
Down mid layer Jacket with hood -Kuiu
Axis pants & jacket -Kuiu
Lite weight Tripod -?
Walking sticks -?
Heavy wool shirt -buttondown- (no more Woolrich Alaskans ...discontinued )

Open to all suggestions!

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co

Lite weight Tripod -?
Walking sticks -?

Open to all suggestions!
Don't forget T shirts and shorts. You never know what the weather is going to be like

Reactions: nv-hunter

Lite weight Tripod -?
Walking sticks -?

Open to all suggestions!
What state, and for how long. I have realized that can make a big difference in what i pack. Like my elk hunt in colorado last year in November. Packed for super cold, which i was wrong to do so. I spent everyday in the one Tshirt i brought. The morning and evening only required a hoodie for the 5 day hunt. However, that monday had a storm rolling in where that cold weather clothing would have been needed. I assumed it would just be cold the whole time and i was wrong. Always be prepared though for those late season hunts.

Reactions: cacklercrazy

heyjbales

Jan 5, 2021
Whats everyones must haves or dream gear for 2021.
Man, I'm really looking forward to getting into a Seek Outside Courthouse with a stove this year. The lady and I are gonna do some horsepacking and base camping at the car, so we wanted a bigger tent to do both.

Reactions: ScottR