Going into unit 27 for the late season.

7Dakota

Aug 20, 2020
So a buddy and I drew the late season buck tags for unit 27. We have our plan A in place along with plan B. Gear is being weighed and food is being planned. We plan to spike out for 5-7 days away from the river. Just kind of hoping to talk with someone who is familiar with this area to see if we are on the right track. We have a couple of drainages in mind that we are hoping some of these deer use when they head toward the river. Hoping for a little guidance from some of you guys that have spent a number of years hunting this area.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
welcome to the forum.
you'll find folks willing to help but generally not till they get to know someone a bit. first posters asking help tends to be a buzzkill.

would suggest you go to new members section and introduce yourself to the members. then jump in and have some fun.

I would find a high spot and glass, glass and glass some more.

also the more info you give about your hunt and what sort of help you are asking for the easier it is for someone to help. I have hunted 27 in the past. saw lots of deer and elk . but it has been several years and I must admit I am not up to date on the different hunt dates in that unit and am to lazy to look it up.
I merely say this because what I would do in november might not be what I would do december . and much depends on wether or not we get early snow and how the migration is progressing.

any info you could add would greatly help anyone wishing to help you out.

good luck on your hunt and post us some pics wether you are successful or not .

7Dakota

Aug 20, 2020
welcome to the forum.
you'll find folks willing to help but generally not till they get to know someone a bit. first posters asking help tends to be a buzzkill.

would suggest you go to new members section and introduce yourself to the members. then jump in and have some fun.

I would find a high spot and glass, glass and glass some more.

also the more info you give about your hunt and what sort of help you are asking for the easier it is for someone to help. I have hunted 27 in the past. saw lots of deer and elk . but it has been several years and I must admit I am not up to date on the different hunt dates in that unit and am to lazy to look it up.
I merely say this because what I would do in november might not be what I would do december . and much depends on wether or not we get early snow and how the migration is progressing.

any info you could add would greatly help anyone wishing to help you out.

good luck on your hunt and post us some pics wether you are successful or not .
Oh no worries. I will jump over to the new members section. I guess I didn’t think much about it myself. I almost always give out any info I can on a DM if I am familiar with an area to someone who has DRAWN a tag or a tag that takes some luck or a few years to get. Matter of fact I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with a guy who drew a Wyoming bull tag who is unfamiliar with the area and helped him out all I could. I would only do this on a DM, however.
Hell, half the fun is researching the area to apply for, going over maps and google earth and talking with other hunters who have done it. (I have met quite a few good people through the years through these forums.)
So about this hunt, we drew 2 late season buck tags for unit 27. We will be flying in around November 8th and staying until the 15-16 th. We have been doing a bunch of research and have narrowed it down between 2 airstrips. We do have a raft to get us across the river if needed. I would like to run our plan A and B by someone who has spent sometime in there to see if we are on the right track. So yea, go over to the new member section and I will introduce my self. Thanks again.

Reactions: kidoggy