061,071 Nevada Bull Elk tag

Wyatt Earp

Jul 8, 2020
Hi guys, new member here but a born and raised Nevadan. Anyways I drew my first bull elk tag in 061,071 in Nevada and I'm looking for any advice I can get. I've heard copper mountain can be a good area and just looking for anymore tips. Looking to stay away from the 061 area due to it being an "atv paradise" I'm trying to find good areas to hike and glass. Really want to do this hunt right. My season goes from October 22nd to November 5th. Thanks for the advice!

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I’ve heard that also.
I don’t know that area but the best knowledge is scouting. If I were you I would be in that unit starting in Aug as much as possible getting to know the roads where to hike in to sit on glassing spots.
take a look at TagHub and also OnXhunt

Wyatt Earp

Jul 8, 2020
I’ve heard that also.
I don’t know that area but the best knowledge is scouting. If I were you I would be in that unit starting in Aug as much as possible getting to know the roads where to hike in to sit on glassing spots.
take a look at TagHub and also OnXhunt
Really going to try and make a trip out there to scout. Its a bit of a haul to get there and I only have so much vacation time from work which I'm using most of it during my hunt.

00BUCK

Feb 23, 2011
NorCal
Many of us hunt states that we dont live in which makes scouting much more difficult. Since you live in the same state I would make time to explore the unit. Nothing better.

lemonparty

Sep 5, 2020
Going up early for early rifle on Oct. 5th in the same unit. I'm not sure how I feel about the cow season ending the day before that contains 275 tags. I'm happy to give you some info when I'm done hunting after about a week.

Reactions: sneakypete

Wyatt Earp

Jul 8, 2020
That would be awesome i also plan on heading up to do a little scouting me self in the next couple weeks. Any info is appreciated though!

Wyatt Earp

Jul 8, 2020
Thats awesome glad you were able to fill it! Good lookin bull too. I hope I can do the same! Did you get him out of 061 or 071?

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Hey Lemon Party and Earp, I have an idea that I would like to run by you both. Shoot me a message.