Another great AZ trip

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
I had another fun adventure in AZ hunting Javelina. I was able to catch up with some guys I met on my first hunt, that I'm happy to say have became great friends. To top it off I was able to punch my 3rd tag in as many trips. As always I'm looking forward to the next chance to go back!

20200221_085402.jpg

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I don't know about all you folks using rifles to hunt these stink pigs. It is a lot of fun to use a handgun......well for some of us.

Congrats on that pig, they are a riot to hunt..and it breaks up the winter a little.

Naturebob

Feb 28, 2016
phoenix, az.
Congrats, Once you killed one with a rifle, the next one should be a Bow. They are to easy to hunt once you learn how to hunt them. Living here in Az. I got my 2 and I am done. Live in the desert and had them on my front porch many times.To me they are like pets. If You are from out a State its a different story and exciting.. Have fun..................BOB!

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
Congrats, Once you killed one with a rifle, the next one should be a Bow. They are to easy to hunt once you learn how to hunt them. Living here in Az. I got my 2 and I am done. Live in the desert and had them on my front porch many times.To me they are like pets. If You are from out a State its a different story and exciting.. Have fun..................BOB!
I hear ya, but town deer and campground deer are on your doorstep here in Oregon too, but go hunt up a blacktail elsewhere and it's a bit different. I know a javelina doesn't quite compare to a mature blacktail , but those little critters are fun to spot and stalk, so long as I can draw the tag, I'll keep on hunting them ;)
I'll probably get an archery or HAM tag down the road, but until then I'm having a blast and enjoying the change of scenery at the perfect time of year :)

Last edited: