Browning HC Long Range

EKYHunter

Dec 31, 2019
Ordered a Browning HC Long Range in .300 WM for Christmas. Rifle should be in March or April hopefully. Anyone on here have experience with this rifle. Seems like I’ve read where the factory muzzle break isn’t as effective as say an aftermarket break. Anyone know if that’s true? Any recommendations on an a break if I should change it out?

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I have the Browning long range Hunter with a 26 inch stainless steel contoured barrel and factory break. It’s a sweet rig and very similar to what you’ve got on order. I think you will be pleasantly pleased

Reactions: EKYHunter

EKYHunter

Dec 31, 2019
I have the Browning long range Hunter with a 26 inch stainless steel contoured barrel and factory break. It’s a sweet rig and very similar to what you’ve got on order. I think you will be pleasantly pleased
Thanks Bonecollector! I’m really looking forward to getting it. Are you pleased with the factory break? Been thinking about scopes. I’m a Nikon fan but am hearing that they will halting all scope sales. Not good. So now I’m thinking Leupold VX 5 HD.

Reactions: Mr Drysdale

Mr Drysdale

Mar 24, 2013
I don’t have the Long Range but do have a HCS in 300WM. The brake is very adequate. I remove it while hunting and killed a nice Mississippi Whitetail a couple weeks ago and didn’t feel a thing.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Thanks Bonecollector! I’m really looking forward to getting it. Are you pleased with the factory break? Been thinking about scopes. I’m a Nikon fan but am hearing that they will halting all scope sales. Not good. So now I’m thinking Leupold VX 5 HD.
Scopes come down to personal preference. Look through a couple and see what you like best as there allegiances to all brands on this forum. I own several of each manufacture I like them all. Would love to own a nightforce one day that’s a little out of my price range right now.

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Scopes come down to personal preference. Look through a couple and see what you like best as there allegiances to all brands on this forum. I own several of each manufacture I like them all. Would love to own a nightforce one day that’s a little out of my price range right now.
Said the man with a new Swaro spotter😀

Just messing I know you got a good deal on it!!

Reactions: Bonecollector

EKYHunter

Dec 31, 2019
My VX 5 hds serve me well.
Seriously considering one of those. Had to take my bow to the shop this morning as my bottom limb has started to splinter. I’m sure Mathews will make it right though. Anyway stopped by a gun store that sells Leupold. Guy priced me a VX5 HD for $799. That’s a pretty good price but I’m not sure what reticle was in the model he priced me.

Mr Drysdale

Mar 24, 2013
Seriously considering one of those. Had to take my bow to the shop this morning as my bottom limb has started to splinter. I’m sure Mathews will make it right though. Anyway stopped by a gun store that sells Leupold. Guy priced me a VX5 HD for $799. That’s a pretty good price but I’m not sure what reticle was in the model he priced me.
Heck of a deal!

DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
I really like my VX5. Zeiss v6 looking very tempting also. most the guys I know with browning rifles are all happy with them. I know the 3 in my family will all shoot sub 3/4 MOA with 5 shot groups.

EKYHunter

Dec 31, 2019
I really like my VX5. Zeiss v6 looking very tempting also. most the guys I know with browning rifles are all happy with them. I know the 3 in my family will all shoot sub 3/4 MOA with 5 shot groups.
I really like the VX5. And I expect that the rifle will be capable of better accuracy than I am.

EKYHunter

Dec 31, 2019
Which reticle do you have in that Leupold?

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Father-in-law has it in 6.5 manbun. It is a shooter. He killed a deer with it this year at 60 yards..lol