Swarovski warranty

raspy

Apr 15, 2016
ND
Well I recently learned something the hard way and am posting this just in case someone is looking to buy any Swarovski product. I had a mishap with my slc 10x42 binoculars that resulted in the magnesium housing coming loose. Called Swarovski right away to get them sent in and fixed. Once they received them they looked them over and the conclusion was it was not a manufacture defect so I was the one paying out of pocket. I was told and have always been told Swarovski is lifetime warranty. It is not so don’t make the mistake I made. It’s a limited lifetime manufacture defect warranty.Spend good money on good glass and the manufacture gives you the shaft. From here on out vortex will be getting my business. If anyone is looking at buying Swarovski I would think twice.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
You must of got them on a bad day.

I had a friend drop a pair of their binoculars out of a tree stand and had them break in half. He sent them into Swarovski and they sent him a new pair.....no charge.

raspy

Apr 15, 2016
ND
I fought back and forth with the gal on the phone about why I wasn’t paying it but I guess the saying “the customers always right” has gone out the window.

Timr245

Very Active Member
Jul 21, 2016
Northcentral PA
Wow, surprised and disappointed to hear that. I’ve only used Leupold products for 16 years now & despite a few mishaps, I have never had to use a warranty claim. Hopefully they’re better than that.

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
what exactly was the mishap that made it come loose ?

not trying to defend them but I am surprised because I have never had anyone I know take issue with their warranty service. I ask only because it might have bearing on their decision???

only issue I ever had with my swarov SLCs was the eyecups wearing out and both times they sent me replacements free , very quickly.

Triple BB

Jun 22, 2013
Wyoming
I scratched a lens on my 8x42 EL’s. Sent them in knowing I’d be paying since it was my fault. However they upgraded to 10x42 at no extra cost and changed the center tab to reflect a 10x 42...