Colorado Left Over Tag List

graybird

Feb 22, 2011
Colorado
Tags over 5 points go to the next 5 people “in line”. Problem is that you have to use your points and many people by the time they get the call, have plans elsewhere. After 5 calls, it goes on the list. Seems reasonable.

There are literally thousands of tags turned in every year, calling people for every tag doesn’t make sense either.
This happened to me last year on an antelope tag. I was contacted about 5 weeks prior to the season opener as I was "next in line". I ended up not accepting the tag because I had a bighorn sheep tag in my pocket, which was occupying my time. I ended up drawing the antelope tag this year.

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
Looks like they have a queue system in place now. I don't know what it's doing because I assume everybody is still getting in, but at least the site is still up. :)

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I tried for shits and giggles and the unit I wanted was sold out anyhow.

Thats a good thing to know for future reference.

Colorado T

Aug 28, 2011
Littleton, CO
Still a joke in my opinion! Had the bear tag I wanted in my cart, let me proceed all the way to entering my card number and submitting payment only to give an error that the quota is no longer available.

LCH

Very Active Member
Jun 28, 2015
Southern Indiana
Nothing for me. Funny, I had a 1 minute wait time for about 12 minutes. I'm not complaining though, I'm glad everybody gets a crack at these tags.

WOW.... I had two screens open. One with my buddies sign in and one with mine. I had put everything in my cart right before I put his in and got to the checkout page before his did. Mine came up as no quota available and they gave him one a minute later. Thats just F***king great. Thanks a lot CPW. Now I have to sell his back again.....

graybird

Feb 22, 2011
Colorado
WOW.... I had two screens open. One with my buddies sign in and one with mine. I had put everything in my cart right before I put his in and got to the checkout page before his did. Mine came up as no quota available and they gave him one a minute later. Thats just F***king great. Thanks a lot CPW. Now I have to sell his back again.....
Why not just hunt with your buddy and help him? Or, you could hang on to it hoping another might show its self in the coming weeks.

Reactions: LCH

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I sure didn't need another tag, but when I saw that there was one early rifle deer tag for a unit that I had been point creeped twice on, I decided to give it a try. I was planning to come out a week before my elk hunt to get acclimated anyway, and figured that if I somehow got this tag it would be only by divine providence. Well, I didn't make it to church lately and didn't make the cut. The process wasn't too onerous, and my 5 min. wait in the queue was actually 15. Good luck to everyone else.

ColoradoV

Very Active Member
Oct 4, 2011
I think my buddy ended up w that high rifle tag. He is stoked. It was a on line sale.... Always crazy and easier to get one that is returned after this first day. Wife got lucky on a mediocre bull tag so we are happy.

I was at a machine #1 in line w wife #2 and the system seized up then came back on and wife got lucky. Elzipo for the rest of the crew who waited all night in line.

Seems more than a few guys got tags on line this year. I got to catch up on all the town gossip waiting in line lol. Over all fun day as usual.