Wyoming Unit 78

jwix

Mar 10, 2011
Idaho
I know this is last minute, but does anyone have any experience in Unit 78? Hunted Unit 17 last year by Gillette, bought a leftover tag, access was horrible as expected, but my grandson did get a nice buck before he headed off to the Army. Looking to burn our points this year and go with either 83 or 78. Hunted 83 in 2012, the drought year, we tagged out, but now there are 150 more tags in that Unit. Unit 78 reduced the tags to 100 this year from 150 last year...

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
More tags, more Antelope/Antelope herd in that area is doing better. Less tags, the opposite...

jwix

Mar 10, 2011
Idaho
More tags, more Antelope/Antelope herd in that area is doing better. Less tags, the opposite...
Thanks for the reply, kind of what I assumed. Wanted to talk to biologist but was unavailable. We went ahead with Unit 83, should be fine.

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
Was it green all the way down, really looking good around Laramie right now and up towards Casper ?
Green as green can be, looks like a great start to the year for everything from critters, farmers, and ranchers. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a tinder box by August.