Warriors Hunt

MTHusker

Apr 22, 2013
Montana Warriors On The Water just concluded a cow elk hunt near Big Timber this past weekend. We hosted 5 veterans, including 2 purple heart recipients thru the FWP "Purple Heart " program in which the public can donate back to fwp fishing and hunting licenses which they are awarded to Purple Heart recipients who are working thru a organization such as MWOTW. We had 4 vets take a cow and a turkey. The 5th vet is still looking for a elk, but we are confident a ranch family who has ranch land north of Billings will get her an elk. There are pics and more info on the MWOTW facebook page.Matt elk hunt.jpgmatt 2018 2.jpgMatt elk 2018.jpg1183.jpg

Last edited:

CrimsonArrow

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Minnesota
Well, how did the last vet do hunting? Hope she got her elk. It's an awesome thing you're doing, getting our veterans out hunting.

Jlrineer1

Nov 29, 2015
Montana Warriors On The Water just concluded a cow elk hunt near Big Timber this past weekend. We hosted 5 veterans, including 2 purple heart recipients thru the FWP "Purple Heart " program in which the public can donate back to fwp fishing and hunting licenses which they are awarded to Purple Heart recipients who are working thru a organization such as MWOTW. We had 4 vets take a cow and a turkey. The 5th vet is still looking for a elk, but we are confident a ranch family who has ranch land north of Billings will get her an elk. There are pics and more info on the MWOTW facebook page.View attachment 22709View attachment 22710View attachment 22711View attachment 22712
Wow this is awesome. I served 2 tours in Iraq and hunting has been my saving grace. Specifically hunting out west, this is my 4th year going out ther from the east coast and its really the one thing in my life I look forward to the most. I've lost too many friends who felt like they had nothing to live for. What you guys are doing is truly helping people survive life. Keep it up! Also if you have website that people can donate too so you can keep this going please post it. I'd love to help out with what I can.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MTHusker

Apr 22, 2013
Wow this is awesome. I served 2 tours in Iraq and hunting has been my saving grace. Specifically hunting out west, this is my 4th year going out ther from the east coast and its really the one thing in my life I look forward to the most. I've lost too many friends who felt like they had nothing to live for. What you guys are doing is truly helping people survive life. Keep it up! Also if you have website that people can donate too so you can keep this going please post it. I'd love to help out with what I can.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Thank you for your service! MWOTW is a really neat organization right here in Montana. They have a really nice Facebook page with all the events and how to apply for those events on this page. They also have a way to contribute on that page. I will tell you this, the application process has opened just yesterday I believe for this summer's Ft. Peck Tour, a week of fishing and comradery on Ft Peck lake this summer in the middle of July. Vets from all over the country are chosen for this event, with everything arranged and paid for by MWOTW with monies raised thru out the year, including travel expenses to Montana. We also will be hosting a Purple Heart elk and deer hunt this fall for the first time, near White Sulphur Springs, tags will be received from Montana's Purple Heart Recipient program. We also will be hosting a cow elk hunt for vets this coming December, the 4th year we have did so. Keep visiting MWOTW facebook page for details, or if you would like to help in this great cause!