The 2017 Eastmans' Forum Bowkill Journal

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I wanted to try something a little different this year. I wanted to see if we can start some non-specie specific hero shot threads. In this particular thread, I want to see every bull, buck, billy, ram, etc. that was harvested with a bow.

Let's see em, I know a few of you have already connected...

libidilatimmy

Veteran member
Oct 22, 2013
Wyoming
Hero shot!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wasn't able to get one by myself. I shot him right at dusk and had to leave him overnight. He was pretty stiff the next morning and wasn't able to get him turned over until I broke half of him down.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

missjordan

Veteran member
Dec 9, 2014
Missoula, MT
After a 7 year dry spell of not harvesting an elk with a bow, my wonderful husband shot this on the second day of the season in Montana. Been a great season so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Socohntr

Sep 25, 2017
Quinton yes, best one to date I'm thinking 290 range but a pure trophy to me. Had to watch him rake a tree for at least 15 minutes while another bull bugled below below about 130 yds away. When he finally came down to fight passed a window I preranged at 30 yds hit him with a frontal shot that cut the artery and penetrated and diced the lungs. He dropped within 50 yds. Most exciting 30 minutes I've had in a long time. Thanks and congrats to you!

MuleyHunter

Mar 23, 2011
Fruita, Colorado
That's sounds like an amazing hunt and congrats on an awesome bull ! Love that first browetine on the left antler.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: