Coyote pics

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Trent Coyote.jpg

I took this dog on the run at 250 yards. Got her on the third shot with my AR. we were calling for about 20 min and decided to relocate to a new set up and she came in behind us and spooked once he saw us.

Joe Hulburt

Mar 14, 2011
Oregon Coast
I like to shoot 'em all!

Big....

or small....

I actually thought the little one was a big one and couldn't figure out why I kept missing. He was only half the distance I thought he was!

Bitterroot Bulls

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2011
Montana
I like to shoot 'em all!

Big....

or small....

I actually thought the little one was a big one and couldn't figure out why I kept missing. He was only half the distance I thought he was!
Nice pics Joe!

Tell us about your coyote killin' old school porro binoculars you got there. Are those classic IF Leupys?

Joe Hulburt

Mar 14, 2011
Oregon Coast
Nice pics Joe!

Tell us about your coyote killin' old school porro binoculars you got there. Are those classic IF Leupys?
That's them, 10 x50's. They have always worked so well I haven't felt the need to upgrade but I'm feeling all self conscious now. Doesn't everybody still use them?:eek: My wife bought me those about 21 years ago and they have never let me down. :) Put them on a S4 lockdown setup this year and like 'em even better!

packer58

Very Active Member
Aug 24, 2011
Loma Rica, Ca.
Hey Joe,

Don't feel toooo self conscious..........I just retired my I F 10X50's a few years ago and upgraded to the Cabelas 10X42 Euro's manufactured by Meopta. Those Leupold I F glasses were and still are very nice IMO, i use them as back-up now.

BOHNTR

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
Lakeside, AZ
Love calling coyotes into bow range.......here's a few I've recently arrowed here in the Southern California desert near my home. Probably head out tomorrow morning for a little calling action. I agree, great way to have some off-season fun.

CA Coyote 2-11.jpg

CA Coyote 10-11.jpg

packer58

Very Active Member
Aug 24, 2011
Loma Rica, Ca.
Very nice BOHNTR, coyotes with a bow is pretty impresive IMO. That country looks pretty sandy "arrow friendly :)" I mostly call dogs in the rimrock country of NE California and western Nevada, not to arrow friendly and can get expensive in a hurry.

Muleys 24/7

Veteran member
Jan 12, 2012
The Golden State
BOHNTR, good job with a bow! My buddy lives in an area with house's around and coyotes are always coming up to his fence messin around with his dog, I might try my bow there, the closest house to him is well over 150 yards away so it's still legal to fire a bow rite?

Joe Hulburt

Mar 14, 2011
Oregon Coast
Man, that's gotta be tough to call one in and kill it with the bow!

Great pictures everybody! Keep 'em coming....I am about to get inspired to head out into the rain and try an add to this thread.