Workout Tunes!

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
Monster hits of the 80's! Poison, ACDC...... Hells Bells, TNT, a bunch of that type then I have some old school country music, you know, real country music not this new stuff they call country. Waylon Jennings, Chris Ledoux, George Straight, Hank Williams, Merle Haggard.

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Although I will open myself up to ridicule and banter......I play the world chart show top 40 videos and listen. They change weekly and reflect world over the music trend. Keeps me in tune with my younger workforce and surprises the crap out of my son and embarrreses him when I know who Rihanna is:)

Last edited:

Hilltop

Veteran member
Feb 25, 2014
Eastern Nebraska
I do similar to Slugz. Trying to stay in touch with what is current so I'm not completely out of the loop with my kids. When doing a home workout I watch the outdoor channel or pursuit channel.

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Workout music for me is music that gets the blood flowing. AC/DC, Ratt, Motley Crue, Van Halen, Scorpions, Metallica, ZZ Top, Iron Maiden, Guns N' Roses and so on.
I care for very little of today's music.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
my wife really like pop fitness radio on Pandora when she works out. I prefer heavy metal radio on Pandora.

ivorytip

I want to see a video of you singing s&m from riahiana lol

wa-hunter

Apr 24, 2014
i have been listening to eastmans elevated pod cast. Brian is very motivating and i forget i am even running!

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
I pretty much only listen to work out music when I run.. I alternate between Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold and a few other random songs, when I'm running hard (gotta be careful with the Metallica, I'll pound holes in the pavement). When I slow the pace down, I'll switch to Whiskey Myers or Turnpike Troubadours, or some other Southern rock or red dirt type band.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
fink
old school or new school metallica?

ride the lightning is the greatest album of all time, by any musical act. imho

Fink

Veteran member
Apr 7, 2011
West Side, MoMo
fink
old school or new school metallica?

ride the lightning is the greatest album of all time, by any musical act. imho
Metallica pre 1994, obviously! From a strict nostalgic point, I'm partial to the Black album, as it came out when I was about 10, so I can relate to it a little better. Ride The Lightning is on my playlist though, lol
Pro tip: If you can run top speed, flat out, without stopping, all the way through "Wherever I may Roam", you're in good enough shape to hunt elk

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I watch Podcast when I'm in my garage working out or listen while hiking. I'll also put Pandora on while hiking too. What station depends on my mood.

JarredS

Apr 19, 2017
North Idaho
When lifting heavy it's usually harder stuff...a lot of Pantera lately. Longer runs I do a lot of country: Merle Haggard, all 3 of the Hanks, Cody Jinx.