Western Mountaineering Terralite vs Kifaru slick bag

k5hunter

Apr 10, 2016
I have narrowed my sleeping bag search to these two bags. I was almost dead set on the kifaru when research led me to the WM. I have to say I am split 60/40 in favor of the WM at this point. I have tried a friends Kifaru and like it a lot but the WM bags receive great reviews. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am assembling gear for western back packing hunts.

Looking at the Kifaru 20 degree and WM terralite 25 degree.

Thanks everyone.

DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
I was down to these 2 bags last year. But got a good price on a Kuiu. Happy with it. I will keep watching to see the one you choose. I think all are good choices

k5hunter

Apr 10, 2016
I was down to these 2 bags last year. But got a good price on a Kuiu. Happy with it. I will keep watching to see the one you choose. I think all are good choices
I went with the Western Mountaineering Megalite. Should get it today!

mntnguide

Very Active Member
I Just picked up a WM versalite...and I'm very happy with it. If you talk to actual outdoor stores WM is the name when it comes to top of the line bags. I had a north face superlight last season, and though it works fine, I got sick and tired of the center zip which the kifaru has well. .. if you want a bag that will last and is from a company that has made their entire reputation in sleeping bags.. id suggest Western mountaineering

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

P Y Buck

Jun 20, 2019
What sort of issues did you have with the center zipper? I am giving the Kifaru a serious look right now. I have one of their packs and the quality is second to done. I the option of the wider bag that Kifaru offers. Not fond of mummy style bags. What WM bag is comparable to the Kifaru Slick bag in a wide zero degree bag?

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I have not used the Terralite, but put the WM Badger through the paces for three seasons. Great piece of gear. I didn't use my slick bag nearly that much, but I did use and abuse it. What it comes down to on this for me is how much do you really want down, or how much do you want synthetic insulation?

Reactions: mcseal2

muleyfool

Jun 7, 2018
I've not looked at the Kifaru although they sound like good bags.
Last year almost went with the WM Ultra lite but choose the badger instead and so far no regrets. Awesome bags, a little on the pricey side.
They're light enough for packing but a little heavier than terralite would be.