257 Weatherby

MAKAIRA

Oct 8, 2011
Aptos,Ca
Is becoming my favorite deer size game clambering .Shooting 100 grain Barnes TTSX at 3600 + fps seems to be a killer.From 70yards to 650yards it has done a impressive job so far.

ulmer

Jan 16, 2014
NORTH DAKOTA
I love my 257 weatherby. Use it for antelope and deer ever since I got it. Some times take a different rifle with just to use them. I Shoot the 110 accubonds tho. Had got some Barnes ttsx for it I like them out of my 338 win mag.
Started to work up a load but the shooting range closed And the only other one I know of is 80-90 miles away so just stuck with the accubonds. They haven't gave me a reason to switch just gets hard to find them at times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B&C Blacktails

Mar 1, 2015
Oh man! I love my 257wby mag. My favorite deer sized caliber, I also wouldn't hesitate taking an elk with my 110gr accubonds.

A couple of my buddies used to shoot 7mm rem mags and I have now converted them to the 257wby

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
I have one myself but I don't shoot it. It was given to my by my uncle that passed away so it more sentimental to me then anything. I've heard a lot about how well they shoot too. I was going to use it as an antelope gun but when he passed I wanted to keep them in good condition so in the safe it went.

ColoradoV

Very Active Member
Oct 4, 2011
The wife has one that is just a great caliber. 120 Nosler partitions do the trick on every mule deer and elk I have seen shot with it. Got my cow at 536 yds this year with is one shot dropped her in her tracks. My wife shot a 350"+ bull with it last year and he went maybe 30 yds after 2 well places shots.

Yea I am loving the .257 "bee" we have.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
There are a lot of posts here several years old about the .257 Wby. I had one and it shot great. I worked a long time to develop handloads for it. Weatherby's are a little difficult to work up handloads that shoot better than the factory stuff. Took me around a year for my .300 Wby. I really can't justify spending up to 4 or 5 bucks a shot for the factory stuff, I like to shoot too much!

Anyway, I've shot a .25-06 for over 40 years and my handloads are within 150 fsp of the Wbys. So one of my buddies offered me a price I couldn't refuse and he shoots it now.

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Great caliber and great med sized game rifle, extremely flat shooter and one of a very few cartridges you can set for a point black range of 320 yards and over. It sends the specified 100-120 grain bullets downrange really well and although overbore, with proper barrell care, I dont think its an issue.