Mule Deer Success Thread!

Timberstalker

Veteran member
Feb 1, 2012
Bend, Or
Congrats to all the successful hunters, especially the kids. Couple nice Oregon deer in there too, good to see.

PMC, That red cup your holding tells me we would get along in deer camp just fine!

mcseal2

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
midwest
Just got back from my first true DIY mule deer hunt in an area we had never hunted before. We seldom go on guided hunts, but have hunted with more knowledgeable friends that can help steer us right most times. Anyway, it worked out pretty darn good we both took nice bucks on public ground. Here is a pic of mine.

DSCF4044.jpg

pmcgovern

Feb 11, 2014
Oregon
Congrats to all the successful hunters, especially the kids. Couple nice Oregon deer in there too, good to see.

PMC, That red cup your holding tells me we would get along in deer camp just fine!
Timberstalker,

In the world we live in today, I think taking a great animal on a great hunt with my dad and uncles, is as good a reason to celebrate as any!!! Cheers, my friend!!!!

aboss014

Aug 7, 2016
http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/57f7a9dd1f52c/IMG_1975.jpg?

Not a monster but we drove 1800 miles for our first western hunt and I packed him out almost 3 miles. Best hunt of my life, can't wait to come back and do it again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I don't blame you one bit! I'm about to drive 1600 miles here in a few weeks to hunt Wyoming. What area did you hunt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
this has been a fantastic year, ive never seen so many mature bucks in the field and in the back of trucks and hanging in camps before. its been nuts! kind of the same story in other states too?

Jwhited

Oct 24, 2016
This was my wife's first year hunting and was lucky enough to draw a great tag. we scouted and hunted hard the first 12 days of the season passing on some really nice bucks before we found this 33 inch buck the real amazing part is that she did all this 7 months pregnant. IMG_0176.jpg