Mule Deer Success Thread!

Caseyu

Aug 27, 2012
Reno, NV

During an extremely long fire season. I snuck out for 2 days and was lucky enough to put an arrow in thus guy. Freezers filing up and now time to capitalize on an elk. Some nice animals guys

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
good job casey, hope you get that elk? anyone ever try that honey badger wheel? I don't know how I mussed that video, I was thinking it would work great for running a trap line but then I seen the price!!!!! haha its cheaper to hire a horseman to haul big game out!

Wyoming Hart

Very Active Member
Oct 10, 2014
Spring Run, PA
20160917_184005.jpg
This is my first mule deer. Took him on September 17th in Region G. 24" outside spread and a little velvet hanging on. Yes I have a bandage on my nose from getting scoped.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
Congrats of the nice mule deer Wyoming Hart. I previously thought that only ignorant nimrods got scoped. Then I shot my mule deer last year at an impossible steep angle, and WHAM! A few weeks later, I shot at my first antelope buck (this time pointing down instead of up), and got it again. Red badge of courage. I moved the scope and hopefully won't do a repeat.

Wyoming Hart

Very Active Member
Oct 10, 2014
Spring Run, PA
Congrats of the nice mule deer Wyoming Hart. I previously thought that only ignorant nimrods got scoped. Then I shot my mule deer last year at an impossible steep angle, and WHAM! A few weeks later, I shot at my first antelope buck (this time pointing down instead of up), and got it again. Red badge of courage. I moved the scope and hopefully won't do a repeat.
Thanks RICMIC. I guess it happens to the best of us, haha. The combination of a grabbing someones .338 you haven't shot, laying prone and shooting uphill at a 30% angle will do it.

DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
Congratulations,nice buck. Just got back from G. What a amazing hunt, and beautiful country.

Last edited:

pmcgovern

Feb 11, 2014
Oregon
20161001_163801_1475605869575_resized.jpg20161001_165825_1475605841898_resized.jpg20161001_200516_resized.jpg

Found this ol boy on opening day. We decided to hunt an area that we've seen a few bucks in before, but the forest service had gone in and cut all the junipers down for Sage Grouse habitat. Figured it wasn't going to work out because there isn't any real cover, and the deer can see for miles. Using the sage brush, we crept in towards the rim rock and the area with all the down juniper. Two bucks spring out of a patch of down trees and they go straight to the rim rock. I wait. And wait. Finally they turn broadside. The front buck is pretty good. Lots of points, no mass to speak of, smaller body. Buck#2 is better. Fewer points, lots of mass, big bodied. I shoot. He runs about 50 yards and stops. I shoot again. He runs around the edge of the rim rock and out of sight. I pick up his track and start searching for blood. No blood. Damn it. I know I hit him good. Keep tracking and about 100 yards around the edge I almost step on him. He jumps up and takes off. I know he's hit hard. I back off for about 20 minutes and resume tracking. Another 100 yards and there he is. Biggest bodied deer I've ever taken, by a mile. He weighed 164 pounds hanging at the butcher and missing a front shoulder. Definitely a hunt for the books!

go_deep

Veteran member
Nov 30, 2014
Wyoming
IMG952027.jpgIMG_2042.jpg
Found this buck while doe antelope hunting, last Monday. General tag, public land, 1.5 miles in. The juniper you can see between his rack in the background is were I was when I shot.

Silentstalker

Oct 26, 2013
Utah
Great bucks everyone!

My daughter and I just returned from our general season muzzy hunt here in Utah. I am so proud of her. She hunted hard and made a great shot on her buck!