Hillary gets a pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horsenhike

Very Active Member
Nov 11, 2015
Eastern SD
If she is elected she will get for sure one, probably two, and a good chance at three nominations to the supreme court. They will attack the second amendment, they will win, and they will take your right to bear arms. Trump? Who knows. Hillary? Guaranteed. It will be her number one priority. The court is split 4-4 now. She will appoint a liberal/ progressive to replace Scalia, and they will interpret the 2nd to mean states can have national guards. Not private citizens can possess firearms. This WILL happen if she is elected.

I do not like Trump. Some really great men were smeared by the media to give him this opportunity which makes me wonder if this whole thing hasn't been rigged from the start.

mcseal2

Veteran member
Mar 1, 2011
midwest
I agree completely, I've been saying that since they became our two options. I am not a Trump fan, I don't trust him either, but I KNOW what I get with Hillary and I like none of it.

laxwyo

Very Active Member
I know its a long shot because of a huge personality conflict but I keep praying Rand Paul jumps in as VP. He is a man worth listening too,

if he could rein in the Don a bit Americans would be a lot better off, and Hilary might just get her block knocked off!
IMO Rand is the only candidate worth listening to. Constantly refers to the constitution in almost all his answers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoshour

Veteran member
I may have to hold my nose and vote for Trump and pray like crazy. Right now his only policy is what he thinks working people want to hear and it changes all the time. What he will actually do, I don't know and I don't think he does.

The thing that would make me do that is vacancy on the US Supreme Court and those that might come up. The Supreme Court was intended to be an interpreter of the Constitution to keep both political branches in line with the Constitution. Unfortunately, it has turned into another political branch, one that still has the last say on everything as if it were still a strictly impartial judiciary branch.

There is no veto over the Supreme Court short of a constitutional amendment, and in these polarized days, one would never get all the states it needed. So, the US Supreme Courts sits like a king above the whole country, including a system of courts where you can get the decision you want, no matter how stupid it is. Just go to the judge of your persuasion.

Right now the US Supreme Court is 4 extreme liberals with no respect for the Constitution, 2 conservatives and 2 moderates. If a Democrat were elected and if as expected, the Democrats take back the Senate, which should be easy for them to do, we will be in for decades of a purely political, liberal Supreme Court.

BTW, all 4 current liberals are on record that the right to bear arms refers to the military, not to individuals.

buckbull

Veteran member
Jun 20, 2011
IMO Rand is the only candidate worth listening to. Constantly refers to the constitution in almost all his answers
Rand Paul is a big proponent of handing over federal lands to the states to sell to the private sector, leaving most of us without a place to hunt and fish. He wasn't alone in his views with the rest of the GOP candidates.

Trump is pro second amendment and against public land transfer. He'll get my vote this fall.

Last edited:

JMSZ

Sep 5, 2012
Rand Paul is a big proponent of handing over federal lands to the states to sell to the private sector, leaving most of us without a place to hunt and fish. He wasn't alone in his views with the rest of the GOP candidates.

Trump is pro second amendment and against public land transfer. He'll get my vote this fall.
I could very well be wrong on this, but, looking at the public land issue from a strictly Constitutional perspective, he's correct. That said, I also believe that he's a smart enough guy to see the wisdom and benefit of keeping those lands federal vs what the states might do with them and back off on wanting to get rid of them.

In regards to laxwyo's earlier comment about him being VP, I suspect that he (Rand) would convince a lot of the Bernie Sanders supporters to come over to their side.

As much as they don't like Trump, I think they hate Hillary more and wouldn't want to not vote (and by de facto giving her a vote), so I think they would be willing to compromise and come across if Rand was there as VP rather than vote for Hillary or not vote at all.

JMSZ

Sep 5, 2012
It is what our options are. Sure there are others that will be on the ballot but 99.9% of voters will have not heard of any of the options (assuming Trump is not dumped by the GOP). I for one am just dumbfounded by our choices. Does it say something about the processes, society, or something else? As usual, it is probably a combination of many factors.
A thought that just crossed my mind is that the Republicans had a chance with the Tea Party and they derided them (and their large number of supporters) off as a bunch of kooks.

Maybe now they'll decide that the Tea Party wasn't so bad after all...

It's like something out of an old Greek fable or something... The subject of the story blew off the first choice, only to find out that the next one was worse.

IDELKFVR

Dec 15, 2013
EMMETT,IDAHO
I served four years myself on nuclear powered submarine,12 years total military time. I carried an above top secrete clearance for the missions we did. I said the same thing to my wife there is no way she ( Hillary ) didn't know what the classifications of here e-mails were. If that would have been anyone else they would be in jail so fast. I agree WTF ????

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
Time for the Revolution to start!!! I dont care who gets elected aslong as its not a democrat. I support anyone that can beat the democrat. I dont care who they are!

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
I am not going to get political, but I will say this: I handled Top Secret and above material nearly every day in my 40 years in aerospace. We all knew what we were dealing with and protocols were in place to protect everything. If I or anyone working for me handled classified material in the manner that it was handled in this case, we all would be in jail!
C-🐃boy is spot on! I work in aerospace and its really that simple. The humble cleaning lady that cleans our secure lab follows the rules and everyone up the food chain does as well. Snowden is a wanted man and on the run for what he did-but somehow its ok for her? 😱

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

ivorytip

Veteran member
Mar 24, 2012
SE Idaho
waste.jpg
when I came back out of the mountains I halfway expected Clinton to be behind bars, not let off free!!! and then to see what happened in Dallas, WTH is going on? This is America for God's sake, this BS does not belong here. Black lives matter??????? no crap they do but what about ALL LIVES MATTER!!! my head is spinning, I want to get back in to the mountains!

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
View attachment 16767
when I came back out of the mountains I halfway expected Clinton to be behind bars, not let off free!!! and then to see what happened in Dallas, WTH is going on? This is America for God's sake, this BS does not belong here. Black lives matter??????? no crap they do but what about ALL LIVES MATTER!!! my head is spinning, I want to get back in to the mountains!
The Democrat party is whats going on. This is what they have been trying to create the last 8 years with open borders and racism and gun control.

HuskyMusky

Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
IL
It's a pretty bad election year when it's Trump vs. Hillary.

I don't think either side is excited, I kinda doubt local republicans around here will vote for Trump, perhaps they will, I'm curious to see if they post as many lawn signs as usual.

I think 3rd party options will get a boost in this cycle.

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
Not voting for trump is voting for hillary. Voting 3rd party is voting for hillary too. Dont vote for the 1 that will do the most good. Vote for the 1 that can beat the 1 that would do the most bad.

xtreme

Very Active Member
Feb 25, 2011
Searcy, Arkansas 72143
I cannot for the life of me understand why we should not be overjoyed with the opportunity to vote for someone who will uphold the constitution, protect our second amendment, provide security for us. Someone in it for the good of America, someone very smart with a high IQ. Someone whose sons hunt, some one with an outstanding family. Someone who doesn't smoke or drink or use drugs like Bill and Obama. Someone who understands growth of the economy, someone who knows we cannot go on building our debt by the tens of trillions. Are you sure you have thought this through? Hilary is an evil corrupt woman, without the slightest bit of ability, foul mouth, suspected by many to have had over forty people killed for the good of the Clintons. When Bill overdosed Hillary threatened the ER doctor should the news ever get out.

Status
Not open for further replies.