New ultralight shelters from Sea to Summit

Kevin Root

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2011
San Jose, California
web.me.com
If I calculated the conversion right from grams, pack weight .98 pounds for the solo, 1.4 pounds for the duo? It looks very roomy from the footprint and picture too. It sounds like you can also use the trekking poles similar to what you do on your Tarptent. They both have some nice specs.

Last edited:

Bitterroot Bulls

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2011
Montana
If I calculated the conversion right from grams, pack weight .98 pounds for the solo, 1.4 pounds for the duo? It looks very roomy from the footprint and picture too. It sounds like you can also use the trekking poles similar to what you do on your Tarptent. They both have some nice specs.
Yeah that is what I get for weights also. Pretty light.

mconway951

Jan 25, 2012
They do look a lil small but for the weight of a duo you could carry it for one man tent easy enough but id be concerned about conensation from the looks of it to me. Any thoughts on that?

Bitterroot Bulls

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2011
Montana
They do look a lil small but for the weight of a duo you could carry it for one man tent easy enough but id be concerned about conensation from the looks of it to me. Any thoughts on that?
Any single wall tent like these (and my beloved tarptent) will have condensation issues. With the tarptent it is about the pitch. I use a stick at the foot end to bring it up, and I sleep with the door open unless it is raining.