Just when I was thinking Wyoming was alright!!

Againstthewind

Very Active Member
Mar 25, 2014
Upton, WY
We do have the best basque food in the states, I'll take the trade off.
Easy Woodtick, the only reason there would be that many sheep on main street is if they were running scared the whole length of I-80 out of Jim Bridger County and had to make a detour through town. Just kidding. I have been caught in the Wyoming traffic jams a few times, but sometimes it was cattle, too. Where in the world is Jim Bridger County? I couldn't find that on a map.

Last edited:

woodtick

Veteran member
Feb 24, 2011
Jim Bridger County, Utah
Is that where a lot of your sheepherders come from, too?

Easy Woodtick, the only reason there would be that many sheep on main street is if they were running scared the whole length of I-80 out of Jim Bridger County and had to make a detour through town. Just kidding. I have been caught in the Wyoming traffic jams a few times, but sometimes it was cattle, too. Where in the world is Jim Bridger County? I couldn't find that on a map.
What were Mountain Man really well known for doing?? Creating a "Cache" of goods! Jim Bridger was well known to circumnavigate our little "Cache" Valley! I'm surprised it went this long before someone asked!:eek:

P.S. We were known for sheep too, but I try to keep that under the wool!

NVBird'n'Big

Veteran member
May 27, 2011
Reno, NV
Are there other states that have Basque food????
I know there's some up in the Boise area. Not sure about anywhere else. Hands down my favorite meal is a basque dinner. Oxtail and sweetbreads... My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Might have to go down to Louis' this weekend.

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
I know there's some up in the Boise area. Not sure about anywhere else. Hands down my favorite meal is a basque dinner. Oxtail and sweetbreads... My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Might have to go down to Louis' this weekend.
I have only been to 1 in Elko a couple times. It was really good and lots of food!!! There is 1 in Jordan Valley but I never been to it.