When you realize you are getting old!

Timber Stalker

May 22, 2020
I guess when one of the main topic of conversation with people is what hurts or what’s ailing you your in the old category.
your doing good CC. My dad is 75, he’s had back sugary, both hips (one twice) both knees, shoulder and ankle replacements. His body is ok now but he now has dementia. I hope I fair better than he did, so far so good, his first hip replacement was at the age of forty. I do worry about my melon. I seem to forget where I put things way more now than I used to.

Reactions: Colorado Cowboy

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
great thing bout dementia is you are unaware of what ails you. you literally have nothing to fret about because you have forgotten everything you ever thought you should worry over .

my mother has dementia and she is happier now then she has ever been.

it is a curse I would wish on no one but in a way ,it is also a blessing.

I find myself looking forward to the dementia ... no more resentment over tags not drawn, no more remembering the mistake of trusting a fart.... ah yes ,life will be good. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: Timber Stalker

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I guess that I should consider myself as fortunate, that here I am at 68 and my only surgeries so far are tonsils at age 2, and appendix at age 14.
I still have my tonsils and appendix, but did have a knee reconstructed when I blew it out years ago along with sinus surgery that cleaned out 59 years of gunk...

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I don't want to talk about surgeries.......I have had 11 major surgeries. Some related to being a 25 year cancer survivor, some joint replacements and some cleanups from other ones. I have kept the "cutters" busy over the years!

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I got stuck with a needle to draw my blood this morning and didn't like it much. I couldn't imagine having 11 surgeries....yuck!