Vortex Scope V-Plex or Deadhold BDC

Daniffkb

Oct 21, 2022
Good afternoon/morning/evening folks,
I am looking buying a Vortex HP Diamondback scope for a new rifle in 270. Ive chosen the 3x12x42 (unless someone thinks 4x16x42 is better choice) however am not sure which reticle to choose.
I would like your opinions/expertise/information.
The two choices are
V-plex Reticle (MOA) which is the basic crosshairs
Or
Dead Hold BDC which is crosshairs plus Bullet Drop Compensation.
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Thank you,

Rich M

Very Active Member
Oct 16, 2012
If you are not gonna dial, vortex is as good leupold. Sold a vx3i cause it held a group at 250 and not a point. My diamondback holds zero better.

have a diamondback w bdc and its decent. My older viper is better for low light if you need the last second or more. Both hold an inch at 250 yards.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I am a Leupold man, I have 6 of them. I also like a dot reticle. Been shooting this reticle for 65 years. Sent my old Weavers to TK Lee in Alabama for their Lee Dot to be installed. Tried others over the years and always came back to the dots. I also have ballistic turrets on almost all of my Leopolds.

jbRiMP9

Jul 5, 2019
I've had several Dead hold BDC and Vplex and I'm happy with them all. In my opinion, there are a few factors that affect your decision, such as where you hunt, distances, and the amount of zoom you have used on scopes in the past. In my opinion, the BDC reticle is the best option. You can ignore the hash marks and use it as a standard duplex reticle, or you can use the BDC reticle as well.

Last edited:

TruckerJay

Nov 9, 2022
I am looking buying a Vortex HP Diamondback scope for a new rifle in 270. Ive chosen the 3x12x42 (unless someone thinks 4x16x42 is better choice) however am not sure which reticle to choose.
The two choices are
Or
Thank you,
Also if there are any recommendations for a night vision scope https://gritroutdoors.com/optics/sport-optics/night-vision/ (been thinking about Meopta Booster or ATN thor) that'd be great!
I'd say BDC but it's mostly matter of preference. If you can demo both and see what you like - go for it. But personally, I'd go with BDC.
Upd. I've read a few articles on V-plex, and yeah, it's decent. Still would go with BDC though.

Last edited:

danielmeyers

Nov 25, 2022
The two choices are
Or
A full comparison of both look here writemypapers4me.net
Thank you,
Hi! I live in the UK and recently bought this particular scope model (3x12x42), and so far I am happy with my purchase. It is a very well made scope with crystal clear optics, and the lifetime unconditional warranty was a deciding factor for me when buying the Diamondback, as was the price.
I reviewed a couple of Hawkes and Nikon prostaff scopes before buying this one, but the clarity and overall build quality of the Vortex literally outshone all the others. I also liked that it came with a sun visor, especially since I didn't have one before.

Last edited:

DanielsTimothy

Dec 19, 2022
www.gunholsterforsale.com
The two choices are
Or
Thank you,
i think you should try online there many top retailers with best suggestions