V.J. Day 1945

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I did see a post about it, but little to no coverage by the news.

I n 2014 my wife and I were in Hawaii for our 50 th Anniversary and we toured the USS Missouri where it officially ended. They have replica documents and signing set onboard where it actually happened. Also visited the USS Arizona Memorial, very emotional for me as an Uncle was at Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941.

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
I did see a post about it, but little to no coverage by the news.

I n 2014 my wife and I were in Hawaii for our 50 th Anniversary and we toured the USS Missouri where it officially ended. They have replica documents and signing set onboard where it actually happened. Also visited the USS Arizona Memorial, very emotional for me as an Uncle was at Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941.
I personally think of August 15th as VJ Day, though the official signing of the surrender was September 2nd the Japanese announced that they were surrendering on August 15th. I am partial to the the 15th because my dad died on the 15th and he was fighting the Japanese at the time. There is no doubt that that was the greatest generation, there are very few of them left and we all owe them a debt we can never repay!

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
I personally think of August 15th as VJ Day, though the official signing of the surrender was September 2nd the Japanese announced that they were surrendering on August 15th. I am partial to the the 15th because my dad died on the 15th and he was fighting the Japanese at the time. There is no doubt that that was the greatest generation, there are very few of them left and we all owe them a debt we can never repay!
we could start by keeping the nation they fought for intact.

whoops ,to late. we already gave it away without a fight.
they really were the greater generation!