Urban deer hunting

ErikHimmel

Nov 28, 2019
USA
rangerexpert.com
Hey guys anyone here ever do any urban deer hunting? Gonna do it this year for the first time. Post anything and everything about urban deer hunting! Pics, stories, tips, advice, anything!

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
30996[547].jpg
I am not an urban hunter but there is no arguing ,there are big bucks to be had in urban areas! this buck was killed near my home last year, in a lot, next to a school being built. the story I heard , ( so take with grain of salt ) the construction workers brought a forklift over and helped him load it up.

any how ,whatever the story is, big congrats to this lucky bastud!

Reactions: bowhunterjae

CrimsonArrow

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Minnesota
I’ve hunted a highly organized urban deer hunt for a few years in Duluth Minnesota. The only advice I can offer is don’t be afraid to hunt where the deer are, know all the laws regarding hunting in your area, and be as proficient with your weapon as you can be. Best of luck, urban areas can hold some big boys

stackem

Jan 26, 2017
It's different for sure. I've hunting in some urban reduction programs for a few years. Most properties are under 2 acres. It seems odd hearing kids, vehicles, seeing guys grill out, or even having the landowner talk to you from their car setting in the driveway, but the deer are there. I killed 3 in a city program this year. Most I seen at one time was 9. Another guy hunted the spot 2 weeks later and had 11 walk by before he shot a doe.

Stay Sharp

Very Active Member
Oct 6, 2015
WI
I didnt keep up with the thread I created to document last season's suburban deer culling but I ended up taking 15 deer with my bow in 2019. Here is the link to that thread.