Time For Spring Hunts Applications

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
It's that time again to put in for the Spring of 2022 hunts in Arizona.

I didn't draw my Spring javelina for 2021 and I found out why. My hunting partner didn't buy a hunting license for the draw last year and his old one expired before the draw, so he wasn't eligible. But because I had my license they let me have a bonus point.

Anyway, on to this years draw. And yes my partner now has a license for the draw.

Reactions: prhunter

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
You just have to be careful that what happened to me doesn't happen to your group.

For years I would buy the hunting license and put in for the tags for both of us and then just collect from my friend later. Last year I figured that he could just buy his hunting license and all I would be in it for is the application fee and tag cost.

But now he'll have to purchase a license before we even put in for the draw. The last bunch of years we had a license that expired in October. I also noticed this year that when I purchased my 2021-2022 hunting license that I couldn't tell them to activate it the day that my old one expired. So now I'll have to also buy one before we put in.

Sometimes how states work their draw systems is mind boggling.

Naturebob

Feb 28, 2016
phoenix, az.
Kinda mind Boggling Your friend wouldn't know to buy a proper licsence. I used to have a couple Buddies like that , that I would have to baby sit them if they put in with me. Good Luck. Wanna play Ya gotta Pay.........................BOB!

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
I know all about the baby-sitting part. The 2 guys that I am elk hunting with this year in CO started getting points for an anticipated MZL hunt that took 5-7 points to draw. One or the other "forgot", even after reminders, and it took 12 years to build up 9 pts. each. After all that, they decided to apply for 1st rifle season instead, and that only required 4 pts. At least we're going hunting.

Reactions: JimP

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I accept part of the responsibility. It used to be that you only had to purchase a hunting license if you drew the tag, then Arizona changed the rules to where you had to have one for the draw and for the hunt. So I just kept buying his license at the time of the draw. The only catch there was that our licenses were good to just before the draw but not the draw itself. But live and learn.

We also decided that with the death of our friend down there and covid restrictions that if we were to miss a year then the spring of 2021 was the one to miss.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
But when you need to put in as a group on a single application you need to do some babysitting

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Well, I just got a text message and I'll be hunting javelina down in Arizona this coming February.

The CC's are being hit for the spring draw.

Reactions: RICMIC and LCH

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
Hey, where have you been buddy? I was starting to think that you had quit on us. How was your caribou hunt?
Trip was a bust. Weather was the determining factor so I was never able to leave Ohio. Two years of planning gone....
I believe many aspects of the actual trip/hunt could have been salvaged, but the transporter was not very clear and lacked communication abilities. Also, I later learned that they had no contingency plan in the event of bad weather or an accident. I consider myself fortunate to have been home safe and warm as opposed to those who were stranded in the AK wilderness for weeks. I'll post my transporter and agent findings in another thread or feel free to PM me.

Reactions: RICMIC