Thoughts about road hunting?

hoytnut

Mar 10, 2011
Monticello, Utah
I have no issue at all with it. Especially if that is all they can do physically. However, as has been stated above,for those that are physically capable of doing more I think they miss out on a lot on what hunting has to offer by limiting themselves to the roads.

wolftalonID

Very Active Member
Mar 10, 2011
Idaho
I hunt both ways. I love the week long elk camp, hiking and going further into the wilderness areas. I also like road hunting on lazy weekend days when I dont have time to set a camp. However, I tend to road hunt my deer on the final days being I bow hunt, and deer will stand there and watch you get out and shoot them. Elk however dont like a show, you have to work for them.
I do get out of the truck to shoot my deer, I have taken two over the years like this. Its rather hard to shoot a bow from inside the truck anyway!
I dont own a quad, and I agree, they are so disruptive to hunting. I can understand using them to get from camp to a trail head, but I hate it when your hiked in a mile or so, and along comes some guys on them up the trail. I always check my tags to make sure I dont have a quad rider tag...so far I have not seen one in my tag wallet... ;)

BADbuckfever

Mar 10, 2011
Orange, CA
www.infowars.com
In 2009 I went up to northern California to hunt Blacktails on the archery opener and was amazed at the hordes of road hunting archers. Many guys were even standing in the backs of pickups (bow in hand) while driving around. Its not even legal to shoot from a vehicle. I hope they got busted. But, I do think if you are limited physically its a legal option as long as you get off the road to make your shot. Like many others have stated it does keep many folks out of the woods and gives those willing to make the effort an added advantage. Plus it keeps the game away from the roads with all that traffic.

mthuntress

Mar 2, 2011
Dillon,MT
I don't mind roadhunters as long as they get out of the car to shoot unless they had the decal that aloow shooting from the car becuase
they physically can't do it.I know it's the only way I can hunt with my Dad anymore he's had 50 strokes at lest he can still hold a rifle still.