Thanks for the Opportunity to Introduce Myself

jims

Oct 5, 2012
KC Missouri
I have been a member for a while, but have not spent much time on the site until the past few months. I live outside KC, MO and retired last year as a civil engineer for a state agency. My wife and I are fairly young for retirees (early 50's) and I now have much more time to devote to my passions of hunting and fishing. I mostly whitetail and turkey hunt in MO and in eastern KS. Have antelope hunted several years in WY and have done a little muley, antelope, and elk hunting in CO. Have been on two great antelope hunts over the past two years: WY Unit 57 in 2012 and drew a public antelope tag for one of the top units in NM last fall. Had a great time on both hunts. I'm setting on 15 antelope points for CO and am hoping to draw whenever drought effects have subsided some. I have also done quite a bit of black bear hunting in Ontario. Whenever I'm not hunting, now, I am usually working on food plots down on the farm or chasing crappie and bass on Truman Reservoir. I really enjoy reading everyone's advice and experiences on this site. As I have been able to spend more time on the site lately, I have tried to offer advice in particular areas where I feel I have useful advice to offer. Thank you.

jims

Oct 5, 2012
KC Missouri
I was lucky and drew NM antelope on my first year of trying. I had about a 6% chance of drawing in the unguided pool. I have applied for NM sheep for a few years, but of course, not drawn. I drew antelope Unit 37. That area had been in a drought for several years. Their populations are down quite a bit.

jims

Oct 5, 2012
KC Missouri
MM, I can't stay away from the Cabela's store. My wife doesn't understand my obsession with the store (but she tolerates it).

Musket Man

Veteran member
Jul 20, 2011
colfax, wa
MM, I can't stay away from the Cabela's store. My wife doesn't understand my obsession with the store (but she tolerates it).
I was there end of 04. Was flying anyways so I took a detour! That was the biggest one at the time and I wanted to see the mule deer room. I had been to the origional one in Nebraska once before that. We have one about 75 miles from here now, I just went yesterday:)

ElkTrout

Veteran member
Feb 2, 2012
Parker, CO
Welcome to the forum! I understand about Cabelas. Just had one open recently about five minutes from my house. Talk about dangerous!

gonhunting247

Veteran member
Jan 21, 2014
Welcome jims, congrats on retiring early, hope you get to spend tons of time doing what you love!