Taxidermist

bigsky2

Mar 9, 2011
Does anyone know of a good taxidermist that's within a 3 hour drive from Casper? I am looking for a good big game taxidermist, and also for a good fish taxidermist. If you could post pictures that would be great.

Elkoholic307

Banned
Feb 25, 2011
Base of the Bighorns
Black Hills Taxidermy in Shell is over 3 hours away from Casper but I have heard good things about that taxidermist. Also, Nature's Design in Cody is more like 4+ hours away but they are supposed to be great.

birdhunter

May 8, 2011
Black Hills, Wy
Big Bear taxidermy in Ranchester, wy which is just north of sheridan does outstanding work. They do everything from big game to fish to birds. I just took a duck there last year and my cousin has been doing business with them for years now. His bear mount will scare the crap out of you it looks so real when your not expectiing it to be around the corner. They have a website and you can get their info there.

Elkoholic307

Banned
Feb 25, 2011
Base of the Bighorns
I've driven by Big Bear time and time again but have never went in. Just checked out the website, and I'm impressed! Not only do the mounts look really good, his pricing is very nice too.

birdhunter

May 8, 2011
Black Hills, Wy
The prices at big bear are great for the extremely great quality. I was in about a month ago and he had a nice Canadian moose and some huge elk in there. There are also some big mulies in there. It would be worth the time just to go in and check them out.

Puddy

Jul 2, 2011
Trails West in Rawlins does good work. He does some of the best antelope mounts I've ever seen. He also did a mountain lion for me that looks great... very reasonable prices.

Drelk

Jul 25, 2011
I have to Agee with Lynn Stewart. Great guy. Exceptional taxidermist. Has done a grizz. Caribou. And some local stuff for me. Highly recommended

floorya

Oct 19, 2011
reno nv.
i use mark ohlson. he lives 30 min. north of cheyanne wyo. in my opinion he is "THE" best.his # is 307-772-1667.he has done 16 shoulder and life size mounts for me and has 5 more of mine in his shop now that he is working on.i have used other guys in the past but now i only use him.
here are a few he has done for me.
death room 011.jpgdeath room 012.jpgdeath room 002.jpgdeath room 003.jpgdeath room 008.jpg
pictures really dont do his work justice.

HuntWYODon

Very Active Member
Dec 19, 2011
Kalifornia
The only Taxidermist I've used in Wy. is Dean Rogers at Bighorn Taxidermy in Cody about 4 hrs. away. He's done elk.deer and europeans for me and does xlnt work.