Surgery Today

HogsFly

Apr 8, 2018
Parker, Colorado
My workout routine will start with PT soon, then getting in shape for glassing/stalking/hunting this Fall... The doctor said the surgery went great today. Seemed odd though that the nurses and doctors were initialing a rather private part of my anatomy, and referencing a vasectomy procedure... It was the three tendons in my left quadricep that were torn that needed fixing...

As soon as I got home, my 5-pound Yorkie - named Tank - started helping with the healing.

Y89WABaLTRe5gMh7x4ptIA.jpg

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Get better. PT is the way to go and do what they say.

I’m a bit in the same situation rite now. I had hernia surgery yesterday and sitting in my chair with our Yorkie on my lap. Lol

HogsFly

Apr 8, 2018
Parker, Colorado
I may have to get an Emotional Support Animal vest for Tank...

Read three Mike Eastman books last week awaiting the surgery, plus reviewed the applicable MRS data in the 2017 MEMBER RESEARCH ANNUAL. Will look back through the 2016 and 2015 editions to correlate "trends" in the data. Yes, I have a lot of time on my hands...

The doctor said his forecast is eight weeks from surgery to "pushing on the rudder pedals." He told me he was trying to do something constructive during his mid-life crisis, and is learning to fly. He's taking lessons from the same place my son is instructing, so I'm going to get the doc an hour in either the Extreme Decathlon or the Great Lakes biplane with Chris, as a thank you.

The doc started sketching on a writing pad, and my wife thought he was drawing an image of my knee/quadricep. I just smiled. He drew an image of some "airspace" symbology he had a question about, since he is a student pilot. Funny.

DGqACrp3SQGs5nyOw6qf2Q.jpgfullsizeoutput_12e4.jpgIMG_1473.jpg

Last edited:

tx2019

Jan 7, 2019
Glad surgery went well for you! Good luck with your recovery and with hunting this fall!

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
Looks like you're making good use of your ground time! Get well fast, lot's of hunting to do!

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I saw this post and was excited thinking Hogsfly had made a return to the forum as he and I chatted quite a bit. Unfortunately, I've tried to reach him on this forum and another he frequented to no avail. I fear something unfortunate has happened...
I hope I am wrong.