Stalking with a bow - Need suggestions

cgmoen

Apr 11, 2011
I'd like to know how other members crawl with their bows. If I have some ground to travel I hate having my bow in my hand - I have a hard enough time with just the crawling.... I've tried slings but my bow always slips down. Any suggestions? I was thinking of trying a pack with a bow boot (something like the G3 from Blacks Creek). Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Elkcrazedfrk

Feb 21, 2011
I've placed my bow in the middle of my back before and crawled quite a distance. I've also laid it on my lap and crab crawled downhill. With a little practice it becomes pretty easy to balance on your back or lap. Also had a friend who would strap it to his chest, but that looked like trouble to me..lol As far as a pack to carry your bow, I bought the Eberlestock X2 with a butt bucket that is gonna work great for hiking. Not sure how it would work crawling:???? Gonna have to give that a try.

Doe Nob

Very Active Member
Feb 21, 2011
Houston, TX
I have some knee protectors from Ole Tom that let me crawl comfortably on my hands and knees. Don't have a good answer on the bow though, more than once I have put on a good crawl and got ready to shoot and noticed my fiber optics got yanked out of their housing when I was barrelling through brush.

twp1224

Mar 6, 2011
Central Coast
+1. Middle of your back and lap work great.

I've placed my bow in the middle of my back before and crawled quite a distance. I've also laid it on my lap and crab crawled downhill. With a little practice it becomes pretty easy to balance on your back or lap. Also had a friend who would strap it to his chest, but that looked like trouble to me..lol As far as a pack to carry your bow, I bought the Eberlestock X2 with a butt bucket that is gonna work great for hiking. Not sure how it would work crawling:???? Gonna have to give that a try.

Whitetail101

Feb 21, 2011
Indiana, PA
I'd like to know how other members crawl with their bows. If I have some ground to travel I hate having my bow in my hand - I have a hard enough time with just the crawling.... I've tried slings but my bow always slips down. Any suggestions? I was thinking of trying a pack with a bow boot (something like the G3 from Blacks Creek). Thanks in advance for any ideas.
If I am getting close I just move the bow out ahead of me as I crawl along. On the longer stalks I use a bow sling.

Have you tried the "Stalking Sling" from Zachary Morgan Outfitters(www.zacharymorganoutfitters.com)? Great sling and perfect for spot and stalk hunting.