Sleeping bag

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Never heard of them. When push comes to shove I will always pick down though.

Eastmans' Staff Digital Media Coordinator

Retterath

Veteran member
Dec 24, 2013
South Dakota
i bought the kelty ignite dridown 0deg bag for this year,but was looking for a bag for my dad i will probably get him the same thing.

JasonGNV

Very Active Member
Jul 17, 2013
Smith
I've never heard of those either. If your looking into light weight check quilt bags. Gonna be my next bag purchase. Couple different manufacturers.

JMSZ

Sep 5, 2012
Has any one used this kind of bag? Never heard of it,saw it was 1.6 lbs and caught my eye. Are these of quality at all?

http://www.uscav.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=6804&tabid=548
I've got the Snugpak special forces system, it's a two-bag system, a light bag and a heavy bag and the two zip together to form a bag that's good to down around 0*.

Like any synthetic bag, it's a bit heavier than an equivalent rated down bag, but it's lighter (and was cheaper) than the military issue bag.

I prefer synthetic over down because synthetic will still insulate you if it gets wet, regular down won't. There are water resistant down bags, but they're pricey.

I love my bag, I've camped in it, it's been on deployments with me and I've had it for 7+ years now.

Oh, and Snugpak is a British company.

Colo280

May 27, 2012
I look at a ton of bags before I finally decided on one. I went with a Golite bag. It's super warm and light weight. Give them a look