Sheep Hunting Ends in Hart Mountain

conibear

Oct 15, 2017
Portland, OR
ODFW is cancelling future sheep hunts in Hart Mountain. Mountain lions continue to devastate this population of isolated sheep and 5 collared rams were confirmed killed by mountain lions this year. If only Oregon valued its ungulates half as much as salmon. Anyhow, you can still go soak in the hot spring with stoned idiots from Bend and stoned idiots returning from Burning Man.

apres nous le deluge

Last edited:

ore hunter

Very Active Member
Jul 25, 2014
I have a feeling the mountain lions are hitting the antelope hard out in beattys butte too,,my antelope hunt was not very good,,only seen 13 antelope in over a week,,,10 years ago the antelope numbers were much better there also,,{next to hart mtn}

DRUSS

Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
We hunted juniper and seen plenty of antelope but less than a dozen fawns. Did hear about the sheep killings from cats to. So sad. We build things up just to let something else tear it apart.

conibear

Oct 15, 2017
Portland, OR
All predator hunting in the refuge is banned. Lions kill the deer and sheep up high, coyotes kill the pronghorn down low. I've seen coyotes work in groups to relay-chase pronghorn does to exhaustion.

Last edited:

nv-hunter

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
Hart mt started going down hill when they took all the cattle off . Years of zero antelope recruitment less then 2 fawns per 100 does . Managers rotate threw there every 2 years and never held accountable for poor decisions

Reactions: conibear