Shed Hunter Killed by Grizzly

Muley bound

Mar 12, 2013
Wisconsin
Always sucks reading these, especially when they have families with kids. Unfortunately, it is a risk we take when we venture into the hills.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Sad read and I feel really bad for his kids. I hate to see kids growing up without their dad.
I hope it ended quickly for him and he didn't suffer much.

I took a minute and read some of the comments.....lord have mercy people are hateful.

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
Sad read and I feel really bad for his kids. I hate to see kids growing up without their dad.

I took a minute and read some of the comments.....lord have mercy people are hateful.
The worst ones were European people. I told one of them if they were so concerned for the grizzlies, we could send some to them for stocking in their parks.LOL

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho
Imo there are to many bears and they have no fear of people since they never get hunted. I think having a hunting season for them might prevent some of these attacks.
or cause more with wounded bears running about .

just spit balling here, what if we just fed them the homeless?:unsure: :rolleyes: :LOL: two birds one stone.

• Wow
Reactions: shootbrownelk

kidoggy

Veteran member
Apr 23, 2016
idaho

hate is human nature and it is only getting worse .
expect nothing but the worst from your fellow man and they will seldom disappoint you.

Reactions: Prerylyon

dan maule

Very Active Member
Jan 3, 2015
Upper Michigan
This is a horrible tragedy anyway you look at, young family growing up without their dad and husband. Parents losing a son and who knows how many friends and coworkers. For some POS to post negative stuff because they support grizzly protections is the lowest of lows IMHO.

Reactions: Prerylyon

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
hate is human nature and it is only getting worse .
expect nothing but the worst from your fellow man and they will seldom disappoint you.
Unfortunately, all this mobile technology and high speed instant gratification has made it far too easy for knee jerk, thoughtless rhetoric. Prayers for his family.

Reactions: kidoggy

Prerylyon

Veteran member
Apr 25, 2016
Cedar Rapids, IA
Is there a number of how many people have been killed or maimed by grizzly bears in the lower 48 over the last 10 years? Killed or maimed in the outdoors by wild, free ranging grizzly bears; not zoo or circus accidents. How would that number compare to 50 yrs ago?