DRUSS

Very Active Member
Jun 22, 2014
nw oregon
hunting buddy drew west John day sheep!!
looking foward to this trip!
my wife and I were "Not Selected" for all other chances

Zim

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
LaPorte, IN
Stand by if you were unsuccessful. It seems new computer system a little defective. Was down in the dumps last night after waiting 21 years for NR Mt. Emily archery elk and drawing a blank. But then I got an email from ORDOW this morning claiming there was a computer error, and that I had indeed drawn my tag.

Very relieved as I put all my eggs in this one basket, and had drawn no other tags elsewhere. Now I can focus on this one hunt and stay entire 4 weeks if necessary.

Congrats to all that drew.

Attachments

Last edited:

Zim

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
LaPorte, IN
Welcome back Zim! Where you been hiding?!
BC,
Last February I finally decided to get the hell out of the Illinois tax & spend train wreck and join the exodus to Indiana. Bought a fixer upper home over the line and have spent the last 5 months working on home projects including finishing off garage for combo shop game room. I am pretty exhausted right now, but so glad to escape the corrupt politicians, the mob union reps and bloated state employee pensions. Refused to buy a home there and fund their extortion scam so rented & saved the last 10 years. But now pulled the trigger on a nice 1,600 SF ranch country home with $577/year property tax in a state with a 1.8 billion dollar budget SURPLUS. No mortgage.

Zim

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
LaPorte, IN
Nice!
And welcome back bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Illinois has the #1 highest combined taxes in the US. I have friends who pay $8k, $10k, $12k, $15k and $17k in property taxes per year. None are big nor luxury homes. I’m just glad my job allowed me to relocate as I mostly work from home.

My favorite turkey hunting property is in Alexander County in far southern Illinois, bordering Missouri. This county had a population loss of 26% since 2010. That is the highest population loss of any county in the USA in that time. You can drive over the bridge there and pay 40 cents/gallon less for gas. Yet Pritzker just signed another bill to raise the gas tax yet again. Illinois will be the first state to default on it's state employee pension system, likely within 24 months. Michael Madigan & JB Pritzker made our decision to move extremely easy. In fact the only choice we had was move to Indiana or Iowa. Wisconsin has the 3rd highest combined taxes in the USA, so that was out too.

Last edited:

Zim

Very Active Member
Feb 28, 2011
LaPorte, IN
Congrats Zim, I know you’ve been chasing this hunt for along time. Hope it’s is all you hoped for.
Thanks I'm just glad to be back in elk country after taking last year off. Wish I were in better shape, but that's what happens when you gotta wait two decades to hunt. Several wheels fell off. Four heart procedures and four years of plantar fasciittis. :( But I intend to workout hard the next two months and do the best I can.

Travisitguy

Sep 9, 2014
Bend, Oregon
Well i pulled an any elk tag for Beulah ... My 14yr old son didnt draw an elk tag which is frustrating. He had a single point, there are 50 tags available for the youth hunt and 150 applicants on last years draw. I thought for sure he would pull this tag ( East Cascade Youth)

anyhow good luck to everyone... Fill those freezers