R.i.p.

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
Sad news from up here in Alaska. This month, we lost two fine men that were hunting guides. Otto KULM and Ralph D. MILLER.

Otto guided out of Valdez, was well liked and a fine family man. He died on his boat from fumes that didn't vent properly. He was 35. I know some friends of his and they all loved him. Remember his young family in your prayers.

Ralph Miller was in his mid-sixties and lost his fight to cancer. I knew Ralph and liked him alot. A master guide and a colorful character, Ralph's clients have taken some huge Brown Bear/Grizzly's, Sheep and Caribou. His institutional knowledge of Alaska and the guiding industry will be missed. (Deltana Outfitters.)

6mm Remington

Very Active Member
Mar 27, 2011
Western Montana
Sorry to hear about the friends in your life. Especially harder for the younger fellow with the family. Horribly senseless and hard to understand a purpose behind it. Prayers for their families.

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
Thanks, 6mm.

I didn't know Otto, but I know his type. Both he and Ralph were the kind of guys that all of us on this forum would enjoy being around.

Ralph pretty much did it all up here. He was a bush pilot and hunted all over Alaska. Really a fun guy to be around. I can't say that we were close friends but I enjoyed his company.

Otto has a young son and young daughter. It's sad to lose such men as him so early in their life.

Thanks for keeping their families in your prayers.

Last edited: