Questions about Any Bull OTC any weapon hunts?

Roughwater

Jul 16, 2017
Oxford NC
OK Jim. Ignor my last post.

I finally found it. I had been right there before but didn't see it. I went ahead and purchased. Only 93 dollars.

Roughwater

Jul 16, 2017
Oxford NC
I ordered onx maps Chip a few days ago for my Garmin Oregon. It should arrive Tuesday and maybe can mark the part of a unit that the Anterless permit is good on. I can see the area on the Utah DOW map but not sure it's available on Xmaps.

Jim
I know I'm questioning you to death but thanks so much but unfortunately I still have a question or 2 about using the Antlerless permit.

Question; Say I am hunting Bull elk in Yellowstone south slope in the permitted part of the unit where I can take Antlerless Elk and I kill a Cow early in season and get it processed. Can I now go back and hunt a Bull in any "anybull" unit or must I now only hunt in the
in the same unit I killed the cow in?

Roughwater

Jul 16, 2017
Oxford NC
I am happy to have the permit. Even though it may only slightly up my odds of success it's kinda like Jim Cary said in a movie where he was crazy about a woman who could care less for him. He asked her if there was any chance of them getting together? She said about one in a million chance! And he happily exclaimed, SO THERE IS A CHANCE!! :eek:

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
It doesn't matter, it will take you to the licensing page. There is a way to get to it from the main DOW page but I haven't looked into it.

The archery thing on that page is just telling the archers about their permits since the season opened yesterday (Saturday) in Utah.

Roughwater

Jul 16, 2017
Oxford NC
Jim,

I have satellite internet where I live as I can't get much else and we had a storm so I lost connection a couple times which may have got my questions and your answers a little out of sync. Anyway if you back up a post or 2 to see my question about using the permit I would appreciate it.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
As long as you still have that any bull permit you can hunt that bull, the cow control tag only affects the cow on the hunt. But you have to hunt the any bull on the dates that is on the permit.

So now you have the any bull general rifle permit in hand. The dates for that hunt are Oct 6-18. Then lets say that the control permit is from Sept 1-December 31, you can only hunt the bull from Oct 6-18.