Pack Knowledge

WyoBowhunter

Feb 21, 2011
Rock Springs, Wyoming
Has anyone ever used or have any info on Cabela's Jim Shockey Signature Series Frame/Pack Combo, Cabela's Extreme Alaskan Outfitter Pack with Frame. Or any ideas on similar price ranged packs?

coyhuntermn

Jul 18, 2011
the alaskan frame is great for hauling big heavy loads never heard of anything better. If your load is going to be lighter or if you need to quiet look at an internal frame like a eberlystock dragonfly or blue widow. I know that is not in the same league price wise but you will end up spending money on another to hunt with unless you already have that covered. If my daypack could haul a elk quarter that could save a trip once packing one out. I have learned over the years buy good quality and you use it for many years in this case the alaskan is good quality but limited in the situations where it is used great pack for sheep or goat hunt but bad for elk or any timbered noisy.

justinthedoc

Jul 15, 2011
Ditto on the pack frame, packed out over 100 elk on mine before I snapped the shoulder strap being lazy and trying to carry out two rears. Just sent it back to Cabelas and got a new one, best frame I have ever found plus the cabelas warranty you cant beat it.