Oregon - NE Whitehorse Muzzleloader Hunt

Beegerblaster

Oct 21, 2021
I drew the NE Whitehorse Muzzleloader tag this year and was looking for any information about the hunt. I know it’s very weather dependent but not sure what to expect beyond that. Any help would be appreciated!

Beegerblaster

Oct 21, 2021
What you consider a good buck? Last year they had 70% success rate, which is way better than the norm. Sounds like the early snow really pushed them down. Not sure what caliber of bucks were killed though.

Timber Stalker

May 22, 2020
I had the tag in ‘05, I shot a 22” 4 point on day seven, was not impressed with the hunt back then and never tried to draw it again.

Micah S

Jan 11, 2016
Sandy Oregon
What you consider a good buck? Last year they had 70% success rate, which is way better than the norm. Sounds like the early snow really pushed them down. Not sure what caliber of bucks were killed though.
The best buck we saw was 160-170" we saw 3 smaller 4 points a couple 3 points and some forks. I was there for 10 days and I can find bigger bucks on tags I can draw second choice. Most of the hunters were sitting on the boarder hoping a big buck gets pushed into the unit by weather. I could glass up 30 does from one glassing spot and the biggest buck with them was a fork during mid November.