Opening Day 2018 Video!

Slugz

Veteran member
Oct 12, 2014
Woodland Park, Colorado
Got the bug already!!!!! Its great that our western states have such diversity for some solid all around hunting. Big game, upland, water fowl. We got it good fellas. Thanks for the video.

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
Got the bug already!!!!! Its great that our western states have such diversity for some solid all around hunting. Big game, upland, water fowl. We got it good fellas. Thanks for the video.
I recently went hunting with a guy who had never killed a bull. Branch antlered or better, at one point I asked him "Are you sure that you want to pack that raghorn off of this mountain?" At that point a calf saved the life of a very small bull staying behind him and never offering us a shot.

He told me after that any bull was a trophy to him. This is his second year as a resident and all of this public land was better than he could ever hunt back east. Now that I have several bulls over the 300 inch mark I am getting a bit picky, even in general units. I would rather fill my freezer with a cow and let the little guys grow now than ride the raghorn express. It was kind of cool to see him want to harvest that bull and then go through all the work to get it out of there.

Different phases of hunting for sure.