Nonres NV mule deer tag

y02MDM

Sep 4, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
I drew a early season mule tag in south central Nevada. This unit is pretty diverse unit as far as habitat goes. Sagebrush prairies to alpine meadows. I would like to get you guys 2 cents on what type of country to focus on. I would like to shoot a good 180+ buck and even though down low the deer densities would be lower I believe that I would have a better opportunity to shoot a giant there. What do you guys think??? Hunt low or high?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScottR

Eastmans' Staff / Moderator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2014
www.eastmans.com
I drew a early season mule tag in south central Nevada. This unit is pretty diverse unit as far as habitat goes. Sagebrush prairies to alpine meadows. I would like to get you guys 2 cents on what type of country to focus on. I would like to shoot a good 180+ buck and even though down low the deer densities would be lower I believe that I would have a better opportunity to shoot a giant there. What do you guys think??? Hunt low or high?

https://www.eastmans.com/product-page/mule-deer-hunting-tactics-signed-numbered

Best advice covering all types of country!

Gr8bawana

Veteran member
Aug 14, 2014
Nevada

A 180+ buck could be found in almost any area in NV, but to actually go out expecting to find one is a whole other ballgame.
And yes you should hunt high or low. :rolleyes:

Last edited: