New rifle

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
Wife said i couls buy a new rifle and im going to get a new 300 win mag.

I found 2 rifles for the same price
A cooper rifle and a Christian arms
Which do folks like or recommend?

Reactions: bowman340

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
I have a Cooper 52 in 338-06 and really like it. It's more accurate than I am with it and Cooper has very good customer service, in my experience. If I were to change it, I would prefer to have a 3 position safety that allows the rifle to be unloaded with the safety on and also provides a bolt lock, so you don't accidentally bump the bolt open when packing thru the alders with it.

The Christensen Arms rifle sure look good and well made. I've never shot one but they are reported to be very accurate. I've never been attracted to the carbon fiber barrel versions personally, but that's just me.

With only having experience with the Cooper's, My recommendation would go to them, but like Jim said, You won't go wrong with either one.

nv-hunter

Veteran member
Feb 28, 2011
Reno
New rifle shoots great I'll post a pic tomorrow of 100 yards groups if i can hold steady.
Trigger breaks like a glass rod this is sweet rifle. May never buy Remington or Winchester again.
This is the reason i dont look through Swarovski glass lol

Reactions: Team Kabob

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I would get confused with all of those numbers on that scope. Reminds me of an arron snyder story I read several years ago when he borrowed his buddies long range gun. lol