New Member - Excited to be here

gfontela

Dec 6, 2012
Whats ups guys. I have been reading this board for a few weeks, and finally registered. I have never hunted out west but hope to start doing so in the coming years. I have learned a lot by just reading, and hope to contribute to the board.

Gaston

gfontela

Dec 6, 2012
I'm from Miami, Florida. Me and my buddy are hoping to start hunting somewhere out West every year starting within the next two years. We figured we would start with antelope to ease our way in. We are strictly whitetail hunters as of now.

OregonJim

Very Active Member
Feb 19, 2014
Oregon Coast
Welcome to the forum,

As a transplanted guy from the southeast who had never seen an elk until I was 25, I can say that it will be a rewarding experience for you to hunt out west. You should consider breaking in with a cow hunt as well.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

Ikeepitcold

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 22, 2011
Reno Nv
Welcome to the forum. Ask questions and be apart of the conversations. There is a ton of help here for the new western hunter. Thanks for the intro

CrossCreeks

Veteran member
Mar 6, 2014
Dover, Tennessee
Glad your here ! I think your on target with Antelope as a begining and I think Wyoming is a great place to start. I started out hunting Elk in Colorado. From someone who lives in the east I can tell you from experience it addictive ! Loads of information on this site. Good Luck !