Mexico sues US Gun Manufacturers

Lou (Louis)

Aug 10, 2023
NorCal
Good luck with that.
In related news, the families of those injured/murdered by Mexican gangs sue Mexico for allowing them to continue to operate

Reactions: buckbull

idcwby

Administrator
Jun 23, 2015
Idaho
That is exactly what I was thinking, what court would take that case.
“The Boston-based 1st U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals overturned, a lower-court judge's decision dismissing the case on the grounds that a U.S. law barred Mexico from suing Smith & Wesson Brands (SWBI.O), Sturm, Ruger & Co (RGR.N), and others.”

Sounds like the first judge had it correct. I’m still at a lost why it’s overturned or even considered.

Reactions: dan maule

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
“The Boston-based 1st U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals overturned, a lower-court judge's decision dismissing the case on the grounds that a U.S. law barred Mexico from suing Smith & Wesson Brands (SWBI.O), Sturm, Ruger & Co (RGR.N), and others.”

Sounds like the first judge had it correct. I’m still at a lost why it’s overturned or even considered.
Anti gun judge or a majority of anti gun judges.

It happens every day, perhaps not on firearms but other things. You need a court that is friendly to your cause if you want to win.

idcwby

Administrator
Jun 23, 2015
Idaho
Anti gun judge or a majority of anti gun judges.

It happens every day, perhaps not on firearms but other things. You need a court that is friendly to your cause if you want to win.
I completely understand that, after watch the wolf fiasco in Idaho. I’m just at a loss o ok f how we are letting a foreign country sue, I thought we had laws against that.

tim

Veteran member
Jun 4, 2011
north idaho
Mexico should sue the us government. Didn't the us govt dump some guns in mexico to see what would happen?