Meindl USA

Mustang06

Sep 1, 2013
Pennsylvania
I've had several pairs of the Cabela's Meindl boots...hunters, hikers, and light hikers. The best boots I could find for price, performance, and fit for my feet.
Needless to say I was quite dismayed when I found out the Cabela's/Meindl boot partnership ended this past spring. I looked, and looked, and looked and couldn't find any way to get Meindl boots stateside...just a few online retailers in Europe.

A buddy just told me they launched Meindl USA now. Looks like a bunch of the boots are pretty much what the "Perfekt" series boots were with Cabela's.

For those guys missing their Meindl's...check it out.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
PERFEKT. I had the same issue when looking to replace my hikers. I finally bought a pair of Crispi boots, and after wearing them for a month, they still aren't as comfortable as the Meindl boots. I do have a new pair of the Meindl hunters that I will use for my hunts this year, but will likely go ahead and get a pair of the hikers for the warmer seasons. Fit is king, and each of us have to find what works best. Thank you Mustang for the info.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I also have a few pairs of their boots purchased from Cabela's, but the problem now is Bass Pro. They are getting rid of all of Cabela's contracts and products and replacing them with their own of lower quality.

I have seen this with a number of products that carried the Cabela's brand. Perhaps we all need to write to Bass Pro corporate offices and tell them what we think about it, not that it would do any good

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I see that they are based in Sydney, Nebraska.

Makes you wonder if one of the Cabela's people that was kicked out of the door when Bass Pro took over opened up the store?

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
I sent them an email to see if they could repair the liner in my boots 2 weeks ago. They never replied.

Needless to say, I am glad I switched to Kenetreks....

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
I sent them an email to see if they could repair the liner in my boots 2 weeks ago. They never replied.

Needless to say, I am glad I switched to Kenetreks....
While they should of replied to a email even to just say no you have to figure that they are just a distributor and not a repair center.

Even when Cabela's was selling them they would not repair them but evaluate them and decided if a warranty was warranted or not. This was after the Bass Pro take over. I perhaps would take them back to Cabela's if that is where you purchased them from and see what they would do. I know that on a pair of my light hikers of that make that the closest Cabela's will not do anything with some stitching that is coming undone and said that they would need to send them off somewhere to have them evaluated to see if it was a manufacture defect or just wear and tear. I told them that they could pound sand.

Reactions: mallardsx2