Looking for advice on antelope

Yell Co AR Hunter

Very Active Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yell County Arkansas
This is really unexpected. I got a call from my daughter who is 23. She now lives in the Clovis, New Mexico area. She never had a interest in hunting as a child mainly due to she did not like loud noise. She has high functioning autism. She said she would like me to take her on an antelope hunt. This is a big step for her. I know she is trying to connect with me. I entered the draw there last year but was not successful. I am looking for advice as I understand it can be a hard draw for even a resident. I will be tearing apart the draw data looking for any advantage, but would welcome any pointers or direction to help draw her a tag.

Reactions: mosquito

mosquito

Nov 1, 2012
NE ohio
I have i have know idea on the draw odds there . I think its fantastic that your trying to make it work and love the fact that she has found interest in hunting. Hows she going to do with " practice " shooting? I wonder if you can start with a small caliper and work her way up to bigger " booms " i know nothing about autism but again its awesome. Keep us posted

Yell Co AR Hunter

Very Active Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yell County Arkansas
I have i have know idea on the draw odds there . I think its fantastic that your trying to make it work and love the fact that she has found interest in hunting. Hows she going to do with " practice " shooting? I wonder if you can start with a small caliper and work her way up to bigger " booms " i know nothing about autism but again its awesome. Keep us posted
Ear muffs are a big help and she has matured a lot once getting out on her own. She has gone to the range a couple times with friends.

Reactions: mosquito