Lightweight 2-person Tent?

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
I think your head/shoulders are at the 7.6" end (30"+/- each person) and the 5.7" at the foot end.
I agree, it could get tight. Depends on whose in the tent. Me, a blond & a redhead would fit just fine. :) If need be, in an "emergency situation", I'd squeeze in a brunette making it fit all 4. :p

I understand that it is 7.6 X 5.7 but put two grown adults side by side sleeping in a 5.7' width and see what you get not to mention the third person. That is unless two of those people using the tent with you are female.

That only give you 22" of shoulder room for each person if you put 3 people into that tent.

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
You would have to have some short partners for a tent to sleep in the 5'7" direction. That would leave my feet sticking out of the side of the tent by 8" if I tried to stretch out.

That is what I was meaning by you need to take a look at the tent when it is set up to see if you are going to fit in it with another person.

Bonecollector

Veteran member
Mar 9, 2014
Ohio
LOL - I think you will fit, unless you are 7'6"+ :cool:

Mallard: I believe this may be the tent my friend's brother purchased. If you want, I can ask what he thinks of it...

Carry Weight (pounds): 4.89
Tent Material:
Top / Roof: Polyester mono no-see-um-mesh, 10D
Walls: Polyester mono no-see-um-mesh, 10D
Tent Floor: Nylon/Taffeta 30D 2,000mm NEW PU W/P W/R
Fly: Nylon/Taffeta 20D 1,800mm PU & Silicon coating W/R
Bath Tub Style Floor: Yes
Door / Window Closure: Polyester YKK 523
Pole Material: Aluminum, Pole Diameter: 9.3mm
Stake Material: DAC J-stake Includes 14 stakes
Carry Bag Included: Yes
Carry Bag Material: Nylon/Taffeta 20D 1,200mm PU & Silicon
coating W/R F/R cylindrical compression
bag.
Dimensions: Fly - 9ft. 10in. L x 5ft. 7in. W x 48in. H.
Floor - 7ft. 6in. L x 5ft. 7in. W

Work2hunt

Veteran member
Mar 2, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Get the Big Agnes copper spur ul3. Weighs the same or less. Cheaper if you look around. And it has two doors and two vestibules. And it's Bigger.
+1 I like my copper spur UL2. I almost wish I would have got the UL3 for gear space or when I do have a 2nd person with me.

87TT

Very Active Member
Apr 23, 2013
Idaho
They didn't have the Copper Spur on sale but Amazon has a listing for them on sale from Backcountry for $322 with free shipping. That's a deal.

Bughalli

Jan 15, 2012
Pretty sure the one on Amazon is the "glo" version with LED lights built in. They're on sale everywhere. The standard tent is not on sale. But places like EMS have 20% off one full priced item and they carry it. It's hard to find more than 20% off these tents.....but let me know if you do!

87TT

Very Active Member
Apr 23, 2013
Idaho
They were there when I made the post but only had five left. They are now out but it was the regular Copper spur ul2 on Backcountry.com. I would have bought one but already have one on order that I ordered from Outdoorplay that is backordered until the 30th. You can still order them there for $343 and free shipping I think. Backcountry right now does have the three person tent for $374 and free shipping. That's 25 percent off.

Last edited:

Bughalli

Jan 15, 2012
Thanks. I just placed an order with EMS. They had the Copper Spur2 on sale for $343. The footprint was also on sale for $56. Normally I would go with REI, but I couldn't pass up free shipping and avoiding paying CA sales tax. Those savings start to add up! (Now I just need to intercept the delivery at the door before my wife does)