Lady Feeding Bears In Jackson Hole, WY!!!

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
There was a lady up in Aspen a couple of years ago that was feeding a bear.

When they did a check on her they found her dead with the bear feeding on her. They don't know if she died and then the bear started to feed of if the bear killed her and then started to feed, there wasn't much left to determine the cause of death.

Reactions: shootbrownelk

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015

When they did a check on her they found her dead with the bear feeding on her. They don't know if she died and then the bear started to feed of if the bear killed her and then started to feed, there wasn't much left to determine the cause of death.
It was likely 2 years later determined that she died of a combination of Covid19 and stupidity.

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
Back in about 2009, a fellow cited for feeding bears at his remote cabin site in Alaska. Charlie Vandergaw fed black bears and grizzlies for a long time, successfully. I had friends that went to his cabin and saw it first hand and were amazed at the bears and their acceptance of Charlie.
I don't know how to attach a link to it but he should be easily found on the internet, if you're interested.

Reactions: Winchester

shootbrownelk

Veteran member
Apr 11, 2011
Wyoming

Mrs. Treadwell?

KHSRanger23

Apr 14, 2016
Utah
Too often when humans and animals interact like this it ends badly for all. When cases like this of people feeding bears comes up, I often think about Timothy Treadwell the so called Grizzly man. He blatantly put himself and the bears he interacted with in a dangerous position by not respecting the bears and not following safe camping rules and proper food storage. Eventually he and his girlfriend were killed and eaten by bears. These animals are wild and potentially dangerous as you never know when or how they react. I think feeding any kind of wild animals should be illegal for the safety of humans and the animals.

About Eastmans'

• Eastmans’ is a three generation media based hunting company whose goal is to promote the pursuit of elk hunting, deer hunting and all western big game. Our mission is to educate and entertain along the lines of bowhunting and rifle hunting to provide sportsmen with the most up-to-date tactics, hunting gear and hunting area research for both archery hunting and rifle hunting in the West.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Follow us on Facebook