Just returned from my S.E. Ohio rut bow hunt

Stay Sharp

Very Active Member
Oct 6, 2015
WI
Im back from my November, Rut bowhunt with Buckeye Bowhunting of Ohio. If You you want to read the story and see the pictures, I've posted it all on my blog at this link. I think you will find it informational and entertaining.

RICMIC

Veteran member
Feb 21, 2012
Two Harbors, Minnesota
WOW! I would be a lot more than just "dissatisfied" , more like "pissed-off". I was trying to narrow my search for an Alaska hunt and found several similar type reviews of an outfit that I was looking at. I always ask for and follow up on references, but you would think that you will only get names for folks who the outfitter knows will give a good review.

mallardsx2

Veteran member
Jul 8, 2015
Sorry but the cat shit on the floor make me laugh out loud....

Sounds like a horrible trip. Sorry for your luck on this one.

This is not the first review of guides in that part of the country that are unsatisfactory that I have read. There are a lot of con-artists down that way.

I would have tossed that cat out in the cold. lol

"seen my cat?" .... "Nope"

Last edited:

AKaviator

Veteran member
Jul 26, 2012
Thanks for posting honest reviews. There are some really good outfitters out there, but a fair number of really bad ones too!

Colorado Cowboy

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2011
Dolores, Colorado
I too had a bad experience on a guided elk hunt several years ago. I tried to talk to the outfitter after the hunt to no avail, I also wrote several letters that were unanswered. It is partially my fault as I didn't do enough researching this particular outfitter. The references supplied by outfitters are generally unreliable. They won't EVER list someone who has anything but rave revues about their experience with that particular outfitter.

taskswap

Very Active Member
Jul 9, 2018
Colorado
Thank you for sharing this. I don't have any plans to hunt Ohio at this point, but details like this are way more valuable than "this outfitter was no good" in some online listing service. I'm sure what you lost in value you just paid to some future hunter avoiding the same trouble, so thank you!