Imr enduron powders

billdoe708

May 10, 2015
Michigan
I'm looking to work up a load for my 7 mag and 7-08 with the Barnes tsx bullet. Both rifle are Savage weather warriors.

The new imr enduron powders intrigue me. Has anyone tried them yet?

JimP

Administrator
Mar 28, 2016
Gypsum, Co
Last edited:

graybird

Feb 22, 2011
Colorado
While I have not specifically tried any of the Enduron series. I have tried some of the CFE 223 powder in my son's 223s. Before I was loading powders such as Tac and H335, but it certainly seems the CFE223 powder does burn cleaner than the previous powders I was using. Cleaning the rifles doesn't take quite as long to get clean as I recall.

I did finally pick up a 1 lb canister of IMR4451 to try in my 300 Win Mag. As you, looking for something to help with cleaning and less copper fouling. At some point, I'll get around to testing it, as right now I have several hunts worth of 175 gr LRX bullets loaded up with IMR4350.

I'd say give it a try if you don't already have a load for your rifles and be sure to report back. Good luck!!

rammont

Oct 31, 2016
Montana
I've used IMR 4166 for my .308 and yes, it does reduce copper fouling, enough that it takes me about half as many patches to clean my barrel and I use all copper bullets. Evidently they have put a chemical in the powder that reduces copper fouling and it works.

As for temperature stability, I created a good load for my .308 while I lived close to Salt Lake City, I now live in Montana on the west side of the Divide and I haven't seen a need to adjust my load to compensate for the increased altitude and cooler average temps.

A good article about testing the Enduron powders can found here.