I drew a Colorado G12 mountain goat tag. Any help is welcome.

Granby guy

Active Member
Nov 5, 2012
Grand Lake, Colorado
That tag comes with some strings attached. The Maroon Bells require a permit to camp and the permits are limited so you better secure a permit now for the dates you plan on hunting. As far as scouting goes you will need to acquire a permit for that as well.
  • Like
Reactions: buckbull


Veteran member
Nov 29, 2011
Is that bow or rifle?

I think having 2-3 buddies help you backpack into an area and setup a camp would help greatly.

I think it would be really tough to solo backpack hunt a goat and then haul it out alone plus your camp, unless multiple trips...